guys it's an- ITS AN UPDATE

"Zelda are you sure?"

Zelda looked over to Peach, then back out the window.

"Yeah. Even if it's a small little hello, I still wanna talk to him." Zelda sighed.

"You don't have to force yourself, I mean he did kinda... ya know... cheat--"

"But it's so awkward!" Zelda whined, throwing her hands up in the air. "It makes things so weird between EVERYBODY when we're in the same room!"

"Sweetheart that's because all of our friends are nosy little bitches! Come on, you know this."

Zelda dropped her head down on the window ceil, looking down at her hands.

"It's what I want to do. Something that I need to do, actually. Like, shit, we're making a really big deal about saying a quick little hello. And you know Link has some communication issues, and with how controlling Malon is--"

"Okay, Zelda."

Zelda looked up at Peach in surprise. The blonde's tone seemed somewhat harsh when she cut her off.

"Go ahead Zel, but don't have the mindset that he didn't do anything wrong."

Zelda didn't even realize that she was making up an excuse for Link halfway through. But it wasn't really an excuse it was kind of just facts-- yeah she should stop.

Zelda stood up, now looking down at Peach.

The blonde stood up with her, maintaining eye-contact.

"I'm gonna do it."

"Break a leg, Zel."

~~~

It was later in the evening now, and the group had traveled to a small little bay of water.

Some people were jumping into the water from a large waterfall, while others were just hanging out and enjoying themselves.

Zelda tried not to make it obvious that she was watching Link.

Marth had already figured it out, though. And Palutena, and Daisy, and Shulk, and maybe ten other people.

She was making it kinda obvious.

The girl watched Link stand on top of the waterfall, with a few other boys behind him, cheering him on.

In the next moment, Link dove off the cliff, hands in front of him before he splashed into the water, getting a few cheers from some bystanders.

"Dumb bitch you're drooling."

"M-MARTH!"

Marth laughed, giving her a quick pat on the shoulder.

"Anyways, can you help serve the food, please?"

~~~

"WAIT NO I WAN BARBECUE SAUCE ON MINE"

"Roy that's salad"

Fifty fighters crammed into one little area, two of them trying to give out food to them.

The food supply wasn't a problem, it was the number of people cramming themselves under one little tent trying to get a plate.

Zelda awkwardly maneuvered herself between people handing out small plates of food, only occasionally getting elbowed on her head, courtesy to the tall players.

Once the crowd died down a bit, Zelda stood in one spot, now calmly giving food out. She looked around, seeing who didn't have a plate. Focused on that, Peach tapped her shoulder.

"Hm?"

"Go ask Link if he wants a plate."

Oh shit.

Zelda turned to Link, where he sat at a small fold-up table with Pit and Ike.

"Uh," Zelda stammered.

"Go ahead!" Peach encouraged her, patting her back.

"Can yo--"

"You said you wanted to, don't pussy out."

"Yeah well... okay fine, fine."

Peach watched her as she picked up a plate, looking in Link's direction.

"Link did you want some food?" Zelda called out.

Peach tripped over nothing, falling back suddenly.

"Oh shit you ok princess?"

"I'M FINE." Peach said. She quickly looked back up over the table she stood behind.

"Ahh, sure!" Link replied. He seemed pretty calm about it.

Zelda walked over to him, setting the plate down in front of him.

"Here you go," Zelda said, smiling down at him.

Link happily returned the smile, saying, "Thanks." Before the girl walked away.

When Zelda came back, Peach still sat on the floor, her mouth hanging open.

Zelda's face was hella red.

"YOU DID IT--"

"Shut up!!"

~~~

Boom, nighttime.

Peach, Marth, and Zelda sat on the sand, staring out into the water. Well, Zelda was, Peach was talking up a storm and Marth was just on his phone.

"He smiled at me."

"I know, it was so cute!"

"You think he was nervous too?"

"I dunno!"

"Wait you guys are fucking again?"

"Marth."

"Sorry."

Zelda ignored him, smiling to herself as her fingers fidgeted.

"Welp, you met your goal, Zelda," Peach exclaimed.

"It was two sentences" Marth butted in.

"That was pretty much my goal."

"Sad shit."

"Well," Peach took Zelda's hand in hers, holding it tightly.

"It's a start,"

Soon after, the blonde stood up, wiping the sand off of her legs.

"How, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cockblock Roy from getting in my friend's pants."