For the Better

"Isn't it kind of weird that we haven't formally talked until right now?"

Robin turned to Lucina, thinking about her remark. It was really their first good talk for a long time. That was weird. I'm supposed to be her boyfriend... Robin thought.

"Yeah... it really is, huh."

Then there was silence. Neither of them knew if it were a comfortable or uncomfortable silence.

Robin kept a safe glance on her the whole time, though.

He started to realize how much he missed their talks. Or just having her to himself in general.

The two were in the backyard of the vacation home, staring out into the blue Hawaiian morning. Lucina had her hair in a messy bun, her bangs still set free and covering her forehead.

"We should go do something." Robin suddenly stared. Lucina looked at him.

"L-like what?"

"Just... go somewhere? Just you and me? I mean, we're in Hawaii, for goodness sake. We have to do something romantic."

Lucina smiled before nodding. "Fair point. So, after the luau?"

"Yes."

The two got up and stood in front of each other. Robin pulled her into a tight hug, wrapping his arms around her waist. Lucina stretched her arms up around his shoulders, burying her head into his torso.

They stayed like that for a few seconds before Robin pulled away, planting a quick kiss on her forehead before saying,

"I gotta go make sure the people in my house haven't died without me there. I'll see you tonight."

"Later."

~~~

"OH MY GOD GUYS LOOK!" Peach yelled.

They were driving to pick up McDonald's for lunch when they past by the place where the Luau would be set up. It had tiki's spread out everywhere, some life size and some small enough for table decor. There were also purple hibiscus flowers around, too. Along with other authentic designs, it looked like the Luau would look great tonight.

"Will they have roasted pig?"

"Pork?"

"I guess... but you know. Where it literally still has the shape of a pig?" Roy asked as he pet Oliver, who definitely wasn't forgotten.

"Roy, probably not. That would scare the children."

"Meaning me." Pit added from the backseat.

Ike who was driving, chuckled as he continued down the road to where the McDonald's was.

After finishing their lunch run, everyone got ready for the Luau.

Everyone had leighs. The colors of each flower chain varying from everyone. All the girls had rompers or dresses. The guys had Hawaiian shirts or manly tankity toppities, along with manly shorts.

Once everyone was ready, they all got in seperate cars as they made their way over to the luau.

In her seat, Zelda was preparing to talk to Link.

Just casual, nothing too much. Maybe just a hi and a quick catch-up. That was all.

Before she knew it, They reached the Luau.

"That's almost as beautiful as ME!" Marth exclaimed as he stepped out to look at the set up.

It was night time, so string lights were set up all around. The tikis and flowers were still there, along with various trays of food and drinks set up all around. There were hula dancers dancing, and tables set up. The beach was right behind everything, and even there, there were fancy torches set up along with beach chairs that looked out to the midnight sea.

Everyone found themselves spread out around the party. Daisy was explaining each food choice to Roy, who listened intently. Peach and Marth were twerking to the music, and Ike and Samus were playing Volleyball. 

"Look at all those functional couples out there..." Zelda muttered, a bit jealous.

Lucina even walked by with Palutena and Robin at her side.

Zelda then saw him.

Linky boi.

He was wearing something similar to the other men, cargo shorts that stopped at his knees, or those may have been his swim trunks. BUT HE HAD AN OPEN HAWAIIAN BUTTON UP THAT SHOWED HIS BARE TORSO. His messy blonde hair was in a medium ponytail.

He was happily talking to Corrin.

Zelda smiled as she saw him look so happy. Too bad she was going to ruin it.

Zelda breathed slowly for a second before walking up to him as Corrin walked away.

She pretended to be getting some food.

"H-hey Link."

She saw Link jump before he turned to look at her.

"Z-Zel! H-hey!"

"It's been so long, how are you?" Zelda tried to say calmly, but fear shone through her tone.

"F-Fine, I guess? I'm content.."

"That's great."

There it was.

An uncomfortable silence.

What was she thinking?! What does she say now?!

Of course...

She runs.