29

It's been a couple of months since our visit to Heartstrong's mansion

It's been a couple of months since our visit to Heartstrong's mansion. Devon and I have become extremely busy with our schedules we barely see each other. The only time we do is when we go on a date which is once every week. We talk about work when we do, he complains about work a lot and for some reasons I have noticed that there has been some tension between him and his cousin Jack. I haven't dared to ask why.

As for intimacy, after each date we'd take a bath together and Devon bless his soul has given me the most amazing orgasms in that bathtub. We sleep together afterwards and sometimes when it's not date night I still feel him sneaking into my bed pressing my body against his he says sleeping with me brings him comfort.

Last night he didn't come to my bed, so I woke up alone this morning and I'm not exactly feeling well. My throat is extremely sore and my nose is congested I was sneezing all day long yesterday. I feel chills in my body with a slight headache.

It's very clear I got the cold flu. I text Gianina to inform her that I won't be able to come to work today. I took a quick warm shower in the hopes that it would help with the body ache I was feeling. I throw on sweatpants and a cami top then snuggle under the bed sheets again. Grabbing my phone I put it on sleep mode so no one could disturb my sick beauty sleep.

I rest my head on my pillow grabbing the pillow Devon sleeps on and hugging it.

It smells like him.

It makes my heart ache a little, I've been feeling like this for a while whenever he kisses me or touches my skin my body feels like it's on fire. Whenever he whispers his words of praise against the nape of my neck it does things to my brain. I kind of want him to be here with me right now comforting me and making me feel better.

I know I can call him and disturb him, but I also know that he has a very important meeting today something about signing a contract with a tech a company.

I also wish Helena was here to make me some soup. However, Devon gave her and Peter the week off and gifted them a trip to the Maldives for their wedding anniversary. I guess there isn't anything else I could do except sleep it off.

******

"Evelina darling are you okay?".

My head pounds thumb thumb thumb. No wait that's not my head that's the door being knocked. I locked it this morning and I don't even remember why I locked it. I look at the curtains it's still early the sun is bright it's probably the afternoon. What's Devon doing outside my door? Isn't he supposed to be at work?

"Evelina you are making me worried" I hear him saying behind the door I pull the sheets off of my body and literally drag myself out of bed. My head feels heavy my legs aren't carrying my body weight but somehow I make it to the door and I unlock it.