47

I've been staring at the ceiling for a while trying to gather my thoughts, my phone starts ringing and I immediately put it on silent as Evelina is still sleeping

I've been staring at the ceiling for a while trying to gather my thoughts, my phone starts ringing and I immediately put it on silent as Evelina is still sleeping. I look at the caller's name and it's my assistant. I made it quite clear for her to not contact me during my break unless something urgent happened.

And I'm not in the mood to answer that phone call, I have other things on my plate I can't handle work stuff as well. The woman I love told me that marrying me is the biggest mistake she's ever.

Emotionless spoiled fuck boy.

Her words penetrated my chest like a thousand knives cutting through my skin, and I'm still bleeding. I thought she saw me, the real me I thought she knew I was far away from being emotionless.

Running her life however and how being married to me is a mistake I can understand that. Nothing good came from this marriage, since the beginning actually since she has been linked to me she suffered a lot.

I make a quick list in my head of the things that she has to endure.

1. Tabloids body shaming her and comparing her to my ex.

2. Forced to have dinner at the house of the man that sexually assaulted her.

3. Attacked by a psychopath in a cemetery.

The list can go on more and the guilt keeps creeping into me. I shouldn't have done this to her, I should've given her the store without asking her to marry me. If I had done that then she wouldn't be so miserable and I wouldn't end up heartbroken.

Yet here I am suffering the consequences of persuading her that marrying me would be a good idea.

My phone buzzes again this time it's a text message from Jack.

Jack: just wanted to let you know that Heartstrong suffered a massive stroke, he is in surgery right now the doctors don't think he'll make it, I've called an emergency board meeting I'll keep you updated.

I've known Heartstrong since I was in elementary school, I've always respected him as a businessman but since Evelina told me the story of how he took advantage of her I've been imagining all kind of scenarios of me killing him with my bare hand.

The irony of it all I don't have to do a single thing.

I throw my phone on the table in front of me and it makes a loud thud sound.

Fuck.

My eyes immediately shoot up to where the bed is and Evelina stirs in her sleep, I wait for her to move sit up or grab her phone or something but she still lays dead asleep.