22

We are back

We are back.

And I don't know if I'm upset or just jet lagged. We were welcomed in the airport by paparazzis, numerous of them. Devon held my hand as we walked to the car. He dropped me off at our house.

Our house? Feels weird to say it.

And said that he had an urgent thing to deal with or he'd end up chopping Jack. He kissed my forehead and apologized that he had to abandon me and told me to make myself comfortable at home. Call me if you need anything I will be home late, were his last words as he drove off leaving me in this huge house with a housemaid, a driver and my personal bodyguard.

The housemaid is one of the few people who knows about our situation. She seems lovely, as she did welcome me with hugs and served me some hot chocolate. I literally stepped into the house shivering from the cold weather. As much as I have enjoyed the Maldives heat, I missed the cold.

I'm sitting on the bar stool in the kitchen with Helena, the housemaid, sitting next to me with a note in her hand. My elbows probed on the table as I sip the hot chocolate. Helena wants to discuss if there is a specific routine that I'd like her to follow as the lady of the house.

I kind of love how that sounds. Lady of the house.

"I've obviously never done this before and I certainly I'm not a typical lady. I don't think there is a new routine I want to implement. Devon and I obviously have different schedules so" I shrug.

"Well, Mrs. Enderson the young master has a routine that he followed for the past 10 years".

I almost chock on my drink. Did she just say young master? There is nothing young about him. And 10 years!

"Helena please, call me Evelina. And I know he probably have followed a routine as a bachelor and he will continue to follow it but I personally am a wild girl, I don't follow a routine".

"You are a married woman now" she argues.

I place my hand over hers on the table "You know as much as I do that my marriage is based on an agreement, it's not a real marriage".

"It looks real to me. The way young master looks at you" she shakes her head with a wide smile "I have never seen him look at someone like that before, and I have known him since he was a child".

"You flatter me Helena, but as for now I want you to do things like you've done them before nothing will change. If I do change my mind I'll tell you" I pat down on her hands to assure her.

"You'll trust me even with what to cook for dinner?".

I nod "Even with dinner. Devon told me what a great cook you are so I do trust that the food will be delicious, and don't worry I'm not allergic to anything and I will eat whatever you cook".

She remains silent. And I feel like I just slapped her in face. I understand it must be difficult for her to do her job without actually getting orders from someone. But I'm not really a picky person and it's not my house.