65

One year later

One year later

"Happy anniversary!" Our guests exclaim as Devon and I cut the enormous white cake, it looks somewhat identical to the one we had at our wedding. We had decided to make this anniversary as similar as possible to the wedding. We wanted to celebrate it as a new chapter of our lives. An upgraded version where we'd exchange vows again, this time it would be different.

A story that went from buying a store to having a marriage contract where we'd fake it to actually being a real marriage where we are both very much in love with one another.

Photographers take a couple of photos of us as we pose our hands no longer pushing the knife just holding it. "I think that's enough," Devon says annoyance lacing his tone.

I nod and pull my hand away from his and the knife, as he pulls his hands he gets some cream on his thumb and instead of wiping it off he faces me. The look on his face so dark.

He presses the cream on my closed lips and I talk against finger "People are watching us,"

"I don't give a fuck, this day is solemnly for me and you, the rest of the world can fuck off" He whispers before pressing his mouth on mine, giving me a scorching kiss that was so aggressive my lips ached.

His tongue darts into my mouth and dances with mine. I want to resist him and scold him that we are in public but suddenly the rest of the world didn't matter anymore.

My resistance disappeared once he breathed into my mouth. It sounds cliche but in someway it's like he is breathing life into me. I live because of the way he kisses me.

His eyes are open with a daring seductive look as he worships my lips with his. I don't know how long we kissed before he eventually pulls away kissing my cheeks and our guests keep cheering.

I press my palm on my lips wondering how badly did he just mess up my lipstick, and I glance at him and he doesn't have any smudging which means it's probably not that bad. And the lipstick I wore for today is smudge proof.

His hand wraps around my wrist in attempt to drag me "Come on, darling"

I follow behind him walking into the crowd filled with family, friends, co-workers congratulating us and wishing us an eternity of happiness. I watch as Devon engages with his brothers laughing loudly.

After Paris fashion week, we made an effort to hang out more often with his family. I knew how much he cares about them, but due to their busy schedule they didn't meet up that often.

Me and the girls worked hard to bring the brothers back together and in the process we became sisters. We even have a group chat just between us girls and Maddie named it "The Enderson's Sluts".

Davina came out to her family, and introduced Gianina and they seem very serious about each other. Gianina is also included in the group chat and the reason it's called that.