66

Walking around the dance floor making sure all of our guests are enjoying their time, I find a glimpse of the heavily pregnant Heather and my mouth drops open

I take very long steps to reach her fast and take her by surprise hugging her "You've made it!"

She hugs me back "Of course I did, I felt the need to show my support to your relationship,"

I pull away and look at her pregnant belly "You should sit down, you are probably exhausted"

She sighs rolling her eyes "All I've been doing these past couple of weeks is sit down," her hands rub on her belly. I look around looking for her fiancé "Where is Patrick?"

Patrick a cardio thoracic surgeon, met Heather on a trip they were flying to Italy and were seated next to each other in business class. I'll never forget how panicked she was when he asked her to have dinner with him after they landed in Rome.

They've been inseparable ever since, a couple of months into their relationship he proposed and then she found out she was pregnant. They had a small private engagement party which Devon and I attended.

It was slightly awkward, but we were able to break the awkward barrier between Devon and Heather.

"He is on call tonight, the hospital called him for a consult" she explains. I take her hand in mine "Come on then, I'd like you to meet my mom,"

I drag Heather to where my family is sitting, and introduce her to them. My mom obviously hugs her and kisses her cheek, she insists that Heather should sit with them.

"I'm glad you went with this dress, it looks gorgeous," Heather says as she sips water. I nod agreeing with her. I had made a couple of designs and shared them with Gianina and Heather and they both agreed that this one would suit me better.

From the way that my husband keeps looking at me across the room, there is no mistake I chose the right dress. Taking a quick glance across the room scanning for the familiar blue eyes.

I find him talking and laughing, throwing his back I notice how his hair is messed up from the way I grabbed it and tugged on it. Fuck, his hair.

I'm suddenly getting flashbacks of his head between my thighs, his tongue flickering over my clit over and over again. My hands buried inside his hair, holding onto whatever I can. The soft feeling of his strands against my fingertips.

"Do we get a father daughter dance today as well?" Dad asks breaking my chain of thoughts.

"It's not on the agenda but I'd love nothing more than to dance with you Dad, come on," I grab him by the arm urging him to get up. He smiles wide at me his eyes beaming with happiness.

We walk to the dance floor and start slow dancing, I rest my head on his shoulder and he kisses my forehead "I'm glad that you found someone that makes you this happy,"