10

Today is my wedding day

Today is my wedding day. That sounds so weird, random, and crazy. I Evelina didn't think that this is how my wedding day is going to be like. Since I was a little girl I have always dreamt of fairy tales and love stories. Young Evelina would be disappointed in me.

I had just gotten out of the shower and worn my undergarments, I wrapped the silk robe that said 'Bride' on my body and stepped out from the bathroom into the party that was happening in the dressing room.

Devon and I made sure to choose a venue that had dressing rooms in it. In order for me to get ready easily without worrying that I'll get into a car accident on the way or be late for the wedding.

My mom and Gianina were all over the place making sure that the hairdresser and makeup artist would arrive in time. I sat down on the couch that was on the side of the room and took a deep breath just wanting this day to end. It took a huge toll on my mentality this past three weeks. Who knew preparing for a wedding would be this exhausting.

"Having cold feet?" Davina suddenly spoke from behind me. I looked over my shoulder then patted on the spot next to me on the couch. She sat down crossing her long slender legs.

I wish I was this tall and skinny sometimes.

"Not cold feet no but this is a lot to take in".

"Ah I see, well think of it as at the end of the day you get a husband and a whole month off" she said squeezing my shoulder.

Fake husband.

"I'll go get you some chamomile tea and if you are really stressed a lot I can call my brother to calm you a bit" She said as she stood up.

I shook my head "there is no need for that, back in America we think contacting the future husband before the wedding ceremony would jinx it".

"That's precisely why I think Americans are dumb, no offense" she rolled her eyes at the first sentence.

I chuckled "non taken".

At the end of the day, I get a fake husband and 5 years of commitment and no sex for five years. Now thinking about it, I should have borrowed one of Gianina's very interesting toys. At least I wouldn't be flustered and anxious all the time.

I moved my body to rest my back on the arm of the couch and stretch my legs on it. I closed my eyes for a bit "hey hey hey no sleeping" Gianina said.

"I just need a minute this is overwhelming" I spoke with my eyes still closed.

"You know it's a bit too late to have second thoughts and regrets" Gianina whispered close to my ears careful that no one else will hear us.