52

Thankfully, breakfast wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be

Thankfully, breakfast wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. It's either that my parents are very good actors or they definitely didn't hear our last night's activities.

Devon's hand caresses my back breaking my thoughts, I look over at him and he holds his phone with his other hand gripping it tight while reading something. The side of his lip twitches and I know something is wrong.

"Devon, everything alright?" I nudge him with my shoulder and he shoves his phone into his pocket closing the space between us he presses his lips on my forehead "Everything is fine, I just need to make a phone call,"

He stands up and walks away from where we are sitting. Mom suddenly comes to my side she takes my left hand "That's your new ring?"

Of course she'd notice it. The diamond on this ring is H U G E.

"Yeah, he gave it to me last night,"

"There was a lot of tension between you two last night it looked like you were avoiding each other, I was worried something has happened" mom says letting go of my hand.

Was it so obvious?

"I told your mom last night, that you two were just tired last night long traveling followed by a welcome party is too overwhelming" Dad says sipping his coffee he turns to my mom "I told you they are fine"

Mom breathes in relief she places her hand on her chest looking over her shoulder she then looks at me and whispers "You know that he really loves you right? I've noticed it at the wedding first, he never takes his eyes off of you and the way he just looks at you"

Mom then opens a drawer that is next to the couch and pulls out a photo album book, it has the letters D and E on its cover. My breath hitches when she opens it revealing photos of Devon and me from the tabloids when we first started going out

"Your dad and I made this, I know you thought we were upset over you double majoring and had stopped talking to you for while but we kept taps on you" she hands be the album placing it on my lab.

"We took the photos from the tabloids and magazines," she adds

My fingers trace the photo of Devon and I in his car on the first date when he got pissed over the paparazzi saying that I look like Heather. My fingers go lower tracing the photo that had captured our first kiss.

I remember that day very well, I can't believe how far we came. I turn through the pages and my eyes catches the date when the German shepherd jumped on our tables and knocked my coffee.

The picture captures how shocked I was grabbing handful of tissues while Devon...

He staring at me in a way. As if I'm the most beautiful woman he has laid his eyes on. He has this look on his face in all the photos. Devon comes back and sits to my other side he frowns "What's this?"