•|THIRTY-FIVE|•

I ran over to his side and immediately I noticed he was shot a couple times, and he had blood coming from his mouth.

"I-i l-love y-you a-all."

"Dad stop trying to talk."

Shamar said and then he closed his eyes.

"Nah nigga keep them eyes open."

Devon said as he held his father's eyes open.

"Someone call an ambulance and someone help me put pressure on the wounds."

Everyone did something and a couple minutes later the ambulance arrived. By this time he was already starting to breathe slow which wasn't a good sign.

As they took and put him in the ambulance, I began hearing Devon say my name.

"What?"

"Ride with him."

I hurriedly made my way into the back of the ambulance, and once settled they flew through traffic. The whole time our eyes stayed locked on each other as I held his hand.

We arrived at the hospital and they took him to the back in a hurry leaving me to go find the bathroom to wash his blood off my hands.

"What has today come to?"

I asked myself looking in the mirror, while washing my hands I noticed the ring.

"Damn it I never said yes."

After I finished washing my hands I went into the waiting room and found everyone so I sat next to Shamar.

I didn't know if it was the right time to answer his question or not for the simple fact, it would be the wrong timing and random.

"Family of Shawn Moore?"

A very old hunched back calcasion lady said standing in the middle of the room, as we all stood up.

"Yes."

"Well I'm sorr-"

Cookie started screaming and Mrs. Daloris just looked out into space.

"Grandma shut up we is not in no damn movie. Let her finish talking then cry."

Devon said while he stood next to Shamar waiting for the doctor to continue.

"I'm sorry we've done all we c-"

Another doctor hurried in and the doctor stopped talking.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but Mr.Moore is still breathing, he just can't move a lot because of the bullet in his heart. If he moves he will die."

"Thank God. I need to see him."

Cookie said while getting out the chair and walking to her.

"Ok well first he had a special request to see Shamar and Devon Moore first."

The lady said unsure of who was who.