Chapter 31

Autumn's POV:
"What do you mean you have to go away Ace?!" I cried while sitting up straight on the couch as soon as Ace told me he was leaving.

"We have a field trip at school for a week... I have to go cause I'm the Captain of the Soccer Team and its coach's orders." He explained as he tried to reason with me.

"Ace, our baby boy is going to be born in a week! You can just leave! What happens if I go into labour while you're away?! You won't be there for the birth cause you're 2 hours away!" I screamed getting frustrated. Why couldn't the school organise this for another date instead of the week our baby was due?

"I know and I'm sorry! I tried telling Coach, that I can't leave cause my baby with be born sometime this week, but he wouldn't have a bar of it Atty... I tried baby, I tried." Ace sounded heartbroken, at the thought he might not be here for the birth of his first baby, I was sad to, well more angry at the Coach, but I guess we can see.

"Fine..." I stated giving up, because I honestly don't have the energy anymore, emotionally or physically.

"I'll call you every morning and every night and I'll make sure to text you through the day to see how you are, okay?" He said while squatting down in front of me, placing his hands on my knees and smiling up at me.

"Okay... I'll just make sure to tell baby Hunter to stay inside till his Daddy gets back." I replied, then trying to lean forward, to place a kiss on Ace's lips and failing miserably, so Ace leaned forward instead.

His soft lips moved in sync my smaller lips. Butterflies and tingles erupted through my body as his hands moved to my waist and Baby Hunter (A.N: Baby Hunter is his nickname, not his actual name:) you all won't know until he's born;)), started kicking, chuckling we pulled apart.

"Hey Buddy. I've gotta leave in a few hours, so I want you to be on your best behaviour for Mummy and stay inside till Daddy gets home. Can you promise me that baby?" He asked leaning down to my belly placing a kiss on top. As if Baby Hunter was responding to his Daddy he kicked against Ace's lips, which A's face instantly lit up with love, pride and happiness.

"He loves his Daddy so much..." I whisper to Ace as my fingers thread through his dark hair.

"I really hope so. I know he definitely loves his Mummy." He replies, smiling up at me and I smile brightly at the thought of my baby eventually saying 'I love you' to us as he gets bigger.

"I can't wait till he's born, A. I want him out already so I can finally meet my precious baby boy." I say while looking at my belly as Baby Hunter continues to kick the hell outta my belly because Ace's hand is still placed on top.

"Me too baby, I can't wait till he's here. I always wonder who he's gonna look like? What colour hair he'll have? What colour eyes he'll have? Who's nose he'll have? What's gonna be his first word? Will he say Mama or Dada first? What his voice is gonna sound like when he first talks?" Ace explains while smiling at my belly as he talks about Baby Hunter with admiration and love.

~~~~~~~~~~
Ace left about an hour ago to head to the school before heading on the field trip for his away Soccer Finals. It's really important to him as they're will be scouts there from all over Australia and he wants to show them what he's got and make himself proud.

"Autumn, sweetie. Do you want some carbonara?" I heard Amber ask as she walked into the living room, from the kitchen.

"Yes please Mama H. I would kill for some pasta right about now." I mumble to myself with dreamy eyes, to which Amber chuckled before walking back into the kitchen. "Mama H, do you think I could invite the girls over for a sleepover?" I called out to her.