The Choice Pt5

Next Day:

JJ and you are taking a ride on his dirt bike. You have your arms wrapped around him, as you take in the view.

While riding it starts to rain.

The engine suddenly stops. "Son of a..." JJ says. "What now, slick?" you ask him. "Well, I guess we could just hang here. It shouldn't last very long." JJ says as y'all both hop off the bike. You go and swing around the tree. "There you go spinning again." JJ says. "I am swinging, not spinning." you say. "You sure do like to argue, don't you?" JJ ask. "It's because I'm really good at it." you say. "Are you now?" JJ ask. "Yep." you say. Y'all hear a gospel choir singing. "Do you hear that? Come on!" you say out of excitement. "Y/N..." JJ says. "Come on. Hurry up." you say. "Y/N." JJ says. "Come on." you say. You guys walk closer to the church. "You got something better to do?" you ask him. "Ain't no way I'm steeping foot in that church. I'd rather roll in poison ivy, stab rusty nails in my eyes-" JJ says but you cut him off. "What is your deal? I ride on your dirt bike, pal. I went in your boat. Time to do something I want." you tell him. "There's a church closer to town that's less packed." JJ says. "Hurry up." you say walking in. JJ follows behind you and y'all sit down. You dance to the music. "I think I'm going to burst into flames." JJ says but you shush him. You clap as the choir finishes the song.

Couple hours later:

JJ is washing dishes as he sees you outside his window playing with Pouge.

JJ ended up coming back over to your place and y'all hooked up, again.

"There's something I wanna show you." JJ says as y'all lay in bed together. "Okay." you say.

JJ carry's a lantern and you both walk outside. "All right, so what Im about to show you, I've never shown anybody. So you can't tell a soul, all right?" JJ tells you. "Okay." you reply. JJ takes y'all out on his canoe and paddles y'all over to the spot. "Okay watch it." JJ says as he holds your hand and leads y'all down to a private beach area. "Welcome to my island." JJ says with a smile. "Your island?" you ask. "Yeah. My mom and I before she left used to come out here. This is where I come when I want to be alone. And uh...I don't know. I wanted to show it to you." JJ says with a smile. You smile back at him. "It's unbelievable." you say. "This is my favorite part." JJ says as he turns the lantern off. You see the moon and all the stars light up the sky. "From me to you, Y/N. The stars and the moon." JJ says looking into your eyes. "Let's just stay here forever." you say. You tear up about how beautiful it is and the fact JJ has only showed this to you, which makes you feel special. "I'm just glad you like it." JJ says. "Yeah. I do. Very much. " you say.

Next Day:

JJ has added a chair next to his. Only for you.

Your phone rings as you are at home. "Hello?" you answer. "Hey, babe. How are you?" Ryan ask. "Hi." you say. "I know I should have called earlier, but I just got back. Meet me at the Wreck. At 7? My parents will be there." Ryan ask you. "Oh okay, yeah sure." you say.

Skip to at 7:

You walk in to be greeted by your boyfriend Ryan. "Y/N. Hi." Ryan says. "Hi." you say hugging him. You don't know this but JJ is actually there eating, alone. He sees you with Ryan. "How are you?" you ask Ryan. "I missed you." Ryan says. "Yeah, me, too." you say. "Come on my parents are over here. Let's go." Ryan says holding your hand and walking y'all over to the table. "Okay." you say. JJ watches you from afar. His eyes filled with jealousy and confusion. "Oh, hey, look. Here they are." Mr.Mitchel says. "Come over here and give me a hug." Mrs.Mitchel says as she walks over to you with open arms. You hug her. "Good to see you. Sit down." she says. "I'm sorry. I should have called sooner. Things just wrapped up quicker than I thought." Ryan says. "Hey, it was a nice surprise." you say. "Evening, folks." JJ says walking over. "JJ." Mr.Mitchel says. You are surprised to see JJ here. "How the hell are you?" Mr.Mitchel says. "Nice to see you." JJ says. As JJ is making conversation with Mr. and Mrs.Mitchel, you are just looking at JJ with confusion, shock, and guilt. "JJ, why don't you pull up a chair and join us? Ryan just got back in town, and we decided we were going to slum out here in OBX in his honor." Mr.Mitchel ask JJ. "Thank you, sir. I'd like to, but I got an early morning, and I just wanted to say hello. Ryan. Y/N." JJ says looking at you. You feel a heavy wait of guilt brush over you. "Goodnight, y'all." JJ says walking away."Goodnight." Mrs.Mitchel says. "Nice young fella there." Mr.Mitchel says. Ryan and Mr.Mitchel's conversation just tunes out as you are overwhelmed with thoughts. "So tell me son, how was the opening on Atlanta?" Mr.Mitchel as Ryan. "A huge success. Really good that I went." Ryan says. "Would you excuse me a minute?" you say getting up out of your chair and leaving the table. "I'll be just a minute." you say. "Where you going? Y/N?" Ryan says but you are already walking away from him. "JJ?" you say. "Are you going to tell him?" JJ says. "Please listen to me-" you say with tears in your eyes but JJ cuts you off. "Are you going to tell him?" JJ ask. "I didn't know he was coming-" you say but JJ cuts you off asking the same question but louder. "I don't know. I don't know." you say. "I get it. So it's all right to fool around in the back seat with a low life like me but as soon as he returns rich girl goes home to her rich boyfriend, is that it?" JJ ask you. "How dare you? You don't know anything about my life." you say to him. "I know enough." JJ says. "Oh, really? Well, guess what. I know about you, too, JJ...you see something you like and you go after it." you say. "You're damn right I do." JJ says walking closer to you. "Not because you want to, not because you need it, because you just want to win." you say. "I want you." JJ says looking in your eyes. "We never talked about what this was. It just happened so fast. We got caught up." you say. "Caught up? Is that what happened? We got caught up-" JJ says turning his body slightly around out of spite and frustration. "We both knew this was coming around the corner. Neither of us wanted to acknowledge it." you say. "All right. All right, well, here it is. It's right here, right in front of us. So let's acknowledge it. We had and amazing time. One of this ground-shaking, life-altering knock you on your ass months, and I wish it could be more. But this is...this is all I get. So what about you?" JJ says. "No." you say with more tears in your eyes. "No, see, that is not fair. How am I supposed to know how you feel?" you ask JJ. "I love you." JJ says cupping your face in his hands. "You hear me? I love you. I'll say it again. I love you. I'll say it a million times. I love you, I love you, I love you. I knew it the second you walked into my yard ready to rip me a new one. Hell, my damn dog knew it. How, do you remember what you said to me on my island, holding my hand under the stars? You said, 'Let's stay here forever.' Well, we can. Me and you. Come home with me. Come home. "We'll go in there together and we'll tell them together. This is what you want isn't it? Isn't it?" JJ says. You are fist speechless. "I don't know." is all you can say. "All right." JJ says letting go. "No." you say trying to hold on. He leaves.