Chapter 37: I... came to get oranges (I).

"Tweet! Tweet!"

The woeful bird tries to flee, but its nose was captured by the captivating aroma of those sweets.

Analissa was grinning so wide, it seemed that the bee had smelled the honey.

Losimer, familiar with the villainess, barely stood on his little feet, his feathers shaking not believing to be tempted.

No matter how many times his mind yelled in a warning, "Go! Fly! Before it's too late! Our loyalty stays with milady!"

It was too late.

His little feathers spread, the more he chirped, demanding a piece of that biscuit. "Tweet!"

The demon blur, Analissa handed over the small plate of biscuits, putting it by the porch of the window, and smiled.

Losimer uses one of its claws to grab a hold of the cookie before eating a piece with its beak.

"You sure are hungry, don't tell me you've been watching me work since lunch?"

Losimer tweets with a nod, meaning that it was a yes.

No wonder the poor thing was hungry. Imagine waiting outside and being given a mission to spy on you in the cold.

The blonde girl frowns in pity, she hands over a cookie to the bird holding it for him to take. "Here you must be completely famished."

A biscuit!

Losimer could've sworn that there was a faint light emitting from behind but he was too hungry to care. "Omph!"

"Tweet!"

"Now just asking, and just to be sure- you're one of Lady Evelyn's familiar right?"

Losimer nods happily, nodding to say indeed, he is one of Lady Alarie's faithful! Loyal familiars!

Analissa's heart relaxed that this wasn't any of the male love interest's little secrets familiar or anything.

"Whew, at least now I know how she knows where I worked. So it was through you! Clever little fellow, weren't you also the one who delivered me a new set of uniform?" (Analissa) asks knowing full well that it was this same bird that did such a kind thing.

"Tweet~!"

Losimer nods to answer yes again flowers all over, it was him that gave that uniform under milady's orders but- hold on one moment!

"Tweet... Tweet?!"

Shamefully the bird held a cookie, kneeling on the porch, he stopped eating, realizing that he was answering all of the blonde-haired girl's answers like it was nothing.