Zombie

~Another head hangs lowly
Child is slowly taken
And the violence causes silence
Who are we mistaken?~

Tory was going crazy.

The four students - Hawk, her, Kyler, and Robby - sat in the back of the dojo in the dim light planning their next move against Miyagi-Do. Kreese had successfully integrated the kids into war generals, elaborating a strike against the other kids at a party they knew was happening.

Jade was no longer invited to the meetings, having called it a useless waste of time.

"Aye, reina. I know you fancy yourself some kind of fucking soldier or whatever, but this is a clear way to get into juvie or worse." The teen had actually accidentally walked into the dojo during the meeting, looking for her leather jacket. After not finding it, she was invited to the table, but chose to stand at the back door and smoke a cigarette. She probably left it at Rum's house the other night.

Tory threw her chair back and stood up with hands slamming onto the table. The boys except Robby flinched, Jade only stared back lazily with her cigarette in her mouth.

"Do you understand what's happening here, Jade?" It was a sneer, the blonde glaring over at the punk and feeling anger bubble through her chest. "Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang-"

"Have joined up, ya, I know. Christo..." She rolled her eyes, as she huffed under her breath. "What does it fucking matter? They're peaceful, they won't hurt us."

Robby during the exchange looked back and forth between the two girls, feeling the unease in the air. It reminded him of being back in the detention center. For a brief moment he wondered if he should stop it but to him... the power struggle was too much. Someone needed to come out on top.

"Jay-"

"No, guapo." Jade cut off Robby, her own eyes narrowing at the brunette. Pointing her hand with the cigarette at the teen she continued. "If you get caught there, you will go to prison." With another huff she looked back into Tory's eyes in challenge. "You'd really let your friends risk that for some petty teen drama?"

Tory made shoved her chair further back, sending it toppling over as she made her way to the young punk with fists up. Jade took the first punch, and the second, and the third.

Hawk watched with wide eyes as Tory beat on Jade and his eyes followed the cigarette that dropped onto the floor. When he glanced at the other two boys he felt his stomach churn. Kyler was looking away, a smirk on his face as he listened with a sick satisfaction. Yet the teen still winced with every smack.

Robby... the guy Jade took in and visited and believed in... he just watched. No emotion settled on his face as Tory kicked the girl's stomach with a yell and the blonde's chest heaved up and down and...

Hawk was the one who grabbed Tory's hand, a deja vu from the apartment filling his body as he pulled her away from Jade. "Enough, Tory. We don't need to thin out anymore."

Tory could feel the downward spiral she was on as her lungs worked mechanically to clam down the rage in her body. When she looked at Jade, she felt Kreese's words drown any other thoughts and sneered at the punk.

"Fucking weak."

Jade was quiet as she shifted onto her back, staring at the ceiling. There was a heavy pause, almost like an eclipses in a story waiting for her to catch a train of thought. The pain felt... numbing. Welcomed. Like an embrace from a father.

Lifting a hand into the air, Jade blocked the light shining into her eyes and turned her neck to the seething blonde held back by Hawk. Eye gaze flickered to Robby at the table and she felt her heart twist and turn. Slowly, Jade met Tory's stare and smirked.