Innocence

~Did I make your dreams come true?
You're sitting in a corner
Wondering what you got into~

Jade would never understand why Robby wanted to go to Sam's house, despite numerous warnings that the bitch wasn't who he thought she was. And Jade honestly cared for the teen.  He had done so much for her sanity and so maybe that's why she didn't leave his side when his heart was broken.

Pulling into the familiar dojo parking lot, Jade took a glance around at all the cars. "Haven't been here in a while..." Robby didn't say anything as he looked at Sam's car, confirming that the girl was there. "Well, guapo. She is here... but who is she with?"

Robby rolled his eyes, not responding as he unbuckled and got out of the old car. Jade followed suit in a slower pace, adding commentary quips here and there to try and lighten the mood.

Ever since the kid got out of juvie, Robby had been so serious and such a killjoy. He even denied a blowjob, saying he had to see Sam. It would be a lie to say that Jade felt her heart skip and stomach drop at being turned away for a girl who didn't even want him.

So, Jade stayed behind a little bit as Robby got his heart broken. As Robby was pushed away by Sam, Jade took the moment to intervene by stepping onto the familiar porch and calling out for Robby with her knife playing in her hands. "Oye, guapo. Seems like there's a lot of shit to step in here." Taking a peak at the paper doors behind her, Jade cut one of the windows and looked back at the Miyagi Do students with a smirk. "Oops, funny how knife cuts paper, eh?"

Sam was stopped by Miguel as she took an angry step forward towards the punk. "What the heck, Jade?! What did we do to you?!" Jade took a few steps down to stand beside Robby and let a meow and pretended her hand was a paw.

"Watch out, pussy cat got claws." With an exaggerated sigh, Jade looked over at Robby, ignoring the other two teens. His face had no traces of humor, only a resolution and understanding that almost seemed to haunt him. Looking back at the other two, Jade sneered. "Listen, furcia. You might let all the boys get a little with your little goody goody act, but it ain't fooling me." Taking a step forward, Sam took a step back into Miguel's chest to get away from the punk. With a satisfied smirk, Jade pointed her blade at the two students.

Before she could let her threat out, a hand grabbed her other wrist, giving her a small tug. Looking back at Robby with a questioning frown, her eyes met with the same ancient portals that seemed to host more emotions than humanly possible.

"Come on, Jade. They're not worth it."

Jade could see that the established lack of worth rustled Samantha's feathers. With a shrug, Jade put her blade down and head back towards the building porch. Looking back at Robby, she raised an eyebrow as if to say 'coming?'

With one final look towards the obvious couple, Robby sneered. "You two deserve each other." With those last words, he stalked towards the car. Jade hung back for a moment and stared at Miguel and Sam. 

How fun that it was Miguel - who got her involved in all of this - and Sam, who had made her feel like she had a sister. The couple looked on edge, as if Jade had a loaded gun pointed at them. With a smirk, Jade pocketed her knife. Miguel and Sam visibly relaxed, but hollered out in indignation when the girl kicked her foot through one of the bottom paper windows.

"Whoops." Jade shrugged and put her hands in her jacket pockets. Without looking back, she walked through the building and to her frustrated friend sitting in her car. 

......

The car ride had been silent back to her apartment. 

There was nothing to say and nothing that could be said to make the situation at hand any better. During the ride, Jade's brain went to Kreese's conversation about Robby's situation they had before his release.

The man wanted to make sure Robby was okay and wanted to see him when he was ready. Kreese gave Jade some money to pick up somethings for the teen, knowing he would come out with nothing. The man even ensured Robby stayed with Jade and offered assistance where needed.

When they got back to the apartment, Jade made sure to tell Robby what Kreese was doing and what he had provided for him. Settling into the bed, Jade watched as Robby got himself a glass of water from the kitchen. 

"Aye, papi. This is all very domestic, ain't it?" 

Robby chuckled at the comment, leaning against the kitchen island and took a sip of water. He took a second to glance around the apartment, taking in the smell of cigarettes, the posters on the walls, and the music paraphernalia scattered throughout the room. 

He would definitely be tidying up over the next few days.

"Do you wanna come with me to the dojo tomorrow?" Jade quickly saw the negative on his lips and interrupted Robby before he could reject the offer. "No karate. After we can go get some clothes for your first concert tomorrow night!" Robby frowned a little.

"I don't know Jade. Why don't I just stay here and you come back to get me?" 

Jade scoffed, crossing her arms as she sat with her legs crossed on the bed. "Because gas is expensive." Robby still wasn't convinced so Jade pulled a little manipulation. "At least go say thank you to the old man who bought this shit for you." 

The teen was always on a moral high ground. 

With a sigh, Robby agreed to go and Jade let out a small victory dance. 

......

The next day Jade went straight to her spot outside the dojo's back entrance and let Kreese do his talking with Robby. She didn't fully trust the man yet, but he did seem to care about Robby more than he did her. She respected that.

It was a familiar angry voice yelling that made the girl sigh and head on inside, letting the unfinished cigarette fall to the side walk. 

Walking into the dojo, Jade could see the different emotions displayed on everyone's face. The blue head wasn't sure if she should feel worried, happy, excited, afraid...

The tension was so thick. With a roll of her eyes, Jade strolled over next to Robby Keene and through her arm around the teen's waist, enjoying the range of emotions that fluttered over Hawk's face. 

"Why does it feel like Hawk just found out his fish died and his parents flushed it this morning?" 

No one ever answered, knowing that this was just a way of her stirring the pot and making shit worse. In a weird way, Jade knew that Kreese enjoyed the interaction and was almost proud for causing more pain.

When Hawk would leave Kreese's office, he would take the long way around the building to find Jade with another cigarette in her hand. He knew that Robby was still in the back talking to Tory and wanted to avoid the jerk. 

For a moment, Hawk found himself a little concern at the cigarette. She had been so close to stopping all those months ago and the habit was almost worse than when they first started hanging out.

Out of frustration, the redhead stomped his way over to the already smirking teen and felt the need to do anything to wipe that face off. Plucking the cigarette from small fingers, Hawk allowed satisfaction to flood his veins at the protest out of Jade's mouth.

If Hawk had to give a fun fact in that moment it would be that he had never smoked a cigarette. Even with this new rebellious-self, the teen had stayed cleared from the habit up until that moment.

It was Jade who found it funny when Hawk took in his first puff and almost coughed his lungs out of his chest. With a loud laugh, Jade couldn't breathe with how hard she was laughing and every time she looked back at the red head, she found herself laughing even more.

"S-shut up!" Hawk bit out angrily, ending in another coughing fit. However, some small part of him, as tiny as a blood cell, couldn't help but feel his heart tug. 

He liked her laugh.

.....

4/7/2022

im preparing a thing that might happen I luv u all

4/3/2022