Chapter Forty-Four

Diane

"Liam I have told you thousands of time I am fine now go and rest up"

"I lost you once not losing you again," he says

"I swear to God I will kill myself right now if you don't go back at home and shower and rest up" I stare at him.

He sighs as he pecks my lips and leaves.

I know you will be wondering how comes I woke up. Well turns out that I made it back to living again. Stayed for two weeks for checkups and therapy.

Bella has been coming a lot at the hospital showing me her school work and how she has been doing great in her studies.

I turn as I see the door opened revealing Aaron with a bouquet. I sigh looking away from the door and continue having my deep thoughts.

"Hey," he says

"What do you want Aaron?" I asked

"I came to see you. And to know how you're doing?" He asks

"Am great now please leave?" I asked nicely

"I know you probably don't want to see me right now."He says

"Ah! What gave it away?" said sarcastically.

"Am sorry for everything" He says apologizing sincerely.

I sigh knowing it's true that it was never his fault to start with.

"You're off the hook Aaron so no worries."

He smiles we start talking about other stuff catching up on the time we lost as we laugh with each other and make funny jokes about it. He stands up and heads out of the door as he turns around and says his final bidding goodbyes.

"Liam truly loves you, Sierra. Don't lose that and fight for it as you grow together" He says.

I look at his eyes and I could sense pain but also happiness. I knew he wanted me to be happy with Liam. I smile and nod my head knowing I will take by his words and put them into action. He waves his hand one last time as he disappears and closing the door.

I shake the feeling and turn my head to get some sleep after.

-1hour later-

Heard the mumbling voices of people talking in the room as I adjust my eyes to open them am surrounded by Mr.Alonso, Samuel, Liam, Lily, Lucas, Bella, and Sarah all smiling and laughing in small voices.

"Mommy!!!" Bella screams as she runs to my bed. I groan at how heavy she is and smile at her cute little face.

"Hello, Baby. Did you miss mommy?" I said

She nods as she kisses my cheeks, smiling like a little girl and enjoying holding her in my hand. I look at Mr.Alonso wanting to ask a lot of questions on how and what happened?

"Bella how about we go and get your mother some food?" Says Lily. Everyone got the hint and started heading towards the door. The room remained silent as I stare at my so-called father who hid and fake his death.

"I can explain my dear," He says.

"Am waiting" I cross my hands and keep my ears and eyes open to listen.

"I and your mother never wanted this life for you. We always wanted to keep you safe from the world. So as soon as rumors started to shake on my wife's pregnancy. I made sure I sent her overseas and made fake death of your birth complications. So, I told one of my trusted men to stay with her. But her greedy sister who is your aunt killed her cause she knew she would be the rightful heir to the mafia Queen." He says.

I shockingly look at him. So my mother was the Queen of Mafia meaning.

"Yes, I was just a normal person I was his bodyguard as assigned by your grandfather. I didn't know that when she died she gave me all the rights to her Mafia Family so I made sure to make you hidden." He says.

"So......." choking on my words I couldn't comprehend the sudden information.

"Your mother loved you so much and she would never leave you alone unprotected and dangered by anyone she made sure you are her number priority. But she trusted the wrong people. When I sent you to America I wanted to ensure your safety first and let you live a normal life all out of the mafia world. But seems Mafia World has brought you back again" He chuckles.

I smile knowing his sincerity of how truly she adored and loved my mother by how he speaks fondly of her. All I wanted was to know my real family and know why they abandon but turns out they just wanted to protect me and make sure I live a normal life.

"Thank you, D... Dad" I breathe it out.

He smiles as he hugs me tight.

"Am not leaving you any time soon okay sweetheart" He whispers.

"I will hunt you and kill you myself," I said.

I push him out and had one question for him again.

"Why send me to Liam?" I asked.

He chuckles.

"You guys practically were best friends together you even proposed to him" He laughs.

I remained shocked at the revelation.

"But I don't remember," I said.

He shrugs.

The same day I was getting discharged. I was happy when I get back home, Had a surprise of my own with Liam.

flashback

"Girls, I need a favor from you guys" Looking at Lily and Sarah.

"What is it?" Asked Sarah.

"I need you to pick up my delivery at the jewelry store"

"What?"

I smile at them as they giggle and scream out.

End flashback

Now we are heading home and Liam is driving. We reach home and smile as he helps me out cause still can't be able to walk alone. We both enter the room

"SURPRISE" They shout as everyone emerged from their hiding spot.

I laugh and start mingling and greeting people. Cake time was upon us.

"Now I would like my daughter to say few words" He smiles at me and he passes the mike to me.

"I would like to thank you all for coming here and being with me and helping me supporting me in all times of need and suffering. Am glad you guys are my family and happy that I get to share this moment with you guys. Most of all I would like to thank my love (I stare at him as I close in), he has been there for me since we were kids" Everyone laugh. As I stare at shocked Liam.

"How did you know?" He whispers to me.

I kiss his lips and take my hand and fold it as I hold something for him.

Staring at his eyes and smiling at him, as he smiles back.

"Liam, you have been not only my best friend, lover but also my childhood friend. And am glad I get to meet you again after all the years we were separated together. I love you, you have brought the best in me you fought for me and found me again. I am hoping for more years to come not only you become my boyfriend but my husband" I fold out my hand as people stare down at what I did.

"Liam, would you make me the happiest girl and become my husband?" He looks shocked.

I froze in place as I heard the next word that he said to me.

"No"

Am sorry guys for the late stories update. Am happy to say this I have 8k people now am so excited and thrilled and happy. I kinda every emotion on the roof here. Thank you guys for everything and stay tuned guys.