S4 - Chapter Twenty Eight: Those Three Words

"He said those three words?"

"I Love you"

I completely froze and I just stared at him, I heard what he said.

I felt those words and I can tell that he meant it too
but I panicked, so the words got stuck at the back of my throat, "Rain, Did you hear me?" Glenn asked and I snapped out of my trance then looked at him.

"Carl wants me to go hang out with him" I said stepping back and pointing over my shoulder while walking backwards, "But I'll catch you later" I added and ended up backing up into a table.

"Are you okay, Rain?" Glenn asked concerned and I nodded my head at him.

"Me? Of course. I'm just chill and peachy" I replied and my voice went high pitched which made my accent thicker and he frowned at me.

"What?" He asked genuinely confused and I cleared my throat.

"I'm fine" I told him then didn't know what to do with myself as I turned to leave then turned back to Glenn which I did a couple of times and he watched on in slight amusement, "Bye" I said simply putting my hand up then rushed out of the block.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked facepalming myself then I heard a soft chuckle come from Glenn, "Oh my..." I exclaimed quietly and embarrassed before I quickly left the building.

I walked out onto the courtyard, Maggie immediately walked over to me concerned, she must of picked up on my facial expression.

We made our way over to the fence and I opened the first gate and walked through so Maggie followed me in and she sighed as I closed the gate again.

We are going to take out the walkers that have  pressed themselves against the second fence. It has become a daily chore.

"Are you okay?" Maggie asked concerned and I nodded my head, grabbing two long sharp sticks then handed one to Maggie as I just shrugged my shoulders at her.

"The talk with my mother went well, she explained to us why she left and I can understand, my father's job isn't exactly the one you would of wanted to be around. But I will never forgive her for leaving us and it was going all great until..." I explained stabbing a walker in the head through the fence and I watched as it fell uncomfortably.

"Until what?" Maggie asked curiously but I know it is just because she is worried for me.

"She let slip that I have a different father to my brothers" I answered and her eyes widened as I took another walker down and I nodded my head, scoffing slightly amused.

"Wait What?" She asked and I nodded again.
"It turns out the man that raised me is the father of my brothers but has no relation to me" I replied taking another walker out and Maggie grabbed my arm and I looked at her.

"And how are you doing with that sort of news?" She asked and I sighed.
"If im being honest, I don't know. I'm angry.
I'm confused. I'm upset and I'm also feeling a little lost" I replied and she looked at me in awe before dropping her hand from my arm.

"What about your real father?" She asked and I shrugged my shoudlers.

"I cut her off before she could say anything about him. I know who my father is, he was the one that raised me. Like Glenn said family don't end in blood and it doesn't start there either" I explained and she nodded her head, giving me a small smile.