S1 - Chapter Eleven: The Bitten One and CDC

"This is CDC?"

"Rick!"

I stepped back beside my brothers as everyone started gathering around the middle of what used to be a safe camp, "We need to get on the road and head to CDC" Rick informed the group and I frowned.

"How do you know CDC is a promised safety?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I don't but we can't stay here, it's not safe anymore. Our best chance is out there and whatever we find at this CDC place doesn't matter as along as we are all together" He spoke like a leader and everyone nodded.

"I'll take my Family in one car and the others climb into the RV" Rick added and Dale stepped forwards.

"There is only so much I can take in my RV" Dale said and Rick sighed not noticing all eyes had turned to me and my brothers. Last ones in, the first ones out. I sighed.

"It's okay, we can..." I started to say.
"...Ride with me in my truck" Daryl finished and I looked at him surprised but smiled thankfully as I turned to my brothers.

"Okay then let's go" I told them before turning back to Daryl, "Thank you" I said and he just shrugged his shoulders at me.

"Just get in the truck before I change my mind" He replied and I smirked amused as the boys walked off to collect their things.

"Oh right, Do you want this back?" I asked trying to unclipped the arrow from my belt.

"Nah, I have plenty" He replied walking off and I looked at him with a slight frown.
"Okay?" I questioned quietly to myself before I walked off to grab my stuff too.

"Jim's been bit!" Jacqui yelled and everyone were completely alarmed as Daryl sprung into action and instantly pointed his weapon at the man.

Shane jumped in front of the weapon and moved with Daryl when he did and words of concern started around the group again.

"It's just a scratch" Jim replied panicked but from the sweating and dark eyes, it were more than "just a scratch" The poor man looked so scared so I stepped forwards.

"Daryl!" I yelled grabbing his attention but he didn't look at me, he just stopped moving, "Can't you see he's still human?" I asked and he scoffed at me.

"Jim, Show us this scratch please" Rick said stepping forwards once everything had come to an halt.

"It's not as bad as it seems" Jim cried and my heart broke for the man I hardly know, the poor man is scared.

I don't think he is scared of death exactly but more fear of becoming one of those things.

"If it's not bad then you can let me see" Rick said keeping his voice calm.

"Just show us!" Daryl yelled and Shane put his hands out to him which the Redneck slapped out of his face.

"Okay, just don't..." He said putting his hands out in front of him, to the group before he shakily lifted his shirt, revealing an death tag.

"Oh Shit" Dale cussed from beside me and then came sounds of complaint from the women and cries of fear from the children.

"Fuck this..." Daryl said pushing Shane out of the way and shoved passed me, he aimed his weapon at Jim who moved to hide behind the RV as he yelled for Daryl to leave him alone.

"Don't! No!" Glenn yelled but no one were listening and I sighed annoyed, I got my gun out and cocked it at the same time as Rick and we both aimed our weapons at Daryl's head.