S5 - Chapter Forty Four: Split Up Again

"I'm not good, Daryl"

"So, What's the plan?"

"We will be okay"

The said boy moved on his feet like he had something in his shoes and I could tell he were really nervous but he still smiled at the people whom were staring straight at him.

"I'm Noah" The kid from the brushes introduced and nobody said anything back.
"I'm Rain" I said and he looked at me then slowly nodded his head, "Daryl. A word?" I asked moving away and he followed me.

"What is it?" Daryl asked me innocently and I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Are you serious?" I asked him unimpressed, "What is with the kid?" I asked and Daryl sighed.

"Beth was kidnapped and this kid is from the same hospital that Beth is at" He told me.
"Oh right okay, we better talk to Rick" I said and he nodded his head then walked away, "Wait, Daryl. What about the kid?" I asked him but he just waved his hand at me.

"Bring him in" He called back to me and I scoffed before shaking my head at him.
"Yeah sure, I'll bring in YOUR package" I replied quietly before going back over to Noah.

"Noah, We going to bring you in, to our leader" I said and he nodded his head.
"He's not going to like...kill me? Is he?" He asked nervously and I bit my lip hard.

"Uh he is an very reasonable man" I assured him and he nodded his head then I waved my hand for him to come over. Noah walked over to me and I shrugged at Michonne as if to say, 'I didn't know what to say to him' sort of thing.

"We will talk about this later" I heard Rick say when we entered the church and Daryl nodded before Rick looked over at me.

"Rain, who is this?" He asked suggesting to Noah and I stepped away from the kid.
"I didn't bring him" I replied walking away from him and Rick rolled his eyes.

"This is Noah, he is going to lead us back to Beth and Carol" Daryl informed us.
"Carol is with Beth?" Rick asked Daryl.
"Yes, she was badly hurt" Daryl stated.

"But they have the supplies to treat her" Noah inputted and Rick looked at him, making Noah flinch back, "Uhh Sir" Noah added with a stutter and everyone scoffed, amused.

"Rain..." Rick started bringing me out of my thoughts that I didn't realise I had slipped into, "Actually, Michonne. Please keep an eye on him" He added pointing at the kid.
"Yes" Michonne replied and I sighed sadly to myself as I moved away from the group.

I stood on my own just staring out of the broken window when someone approached me, "How are you doing, Rain?" The Redneck asked and I took a deep breath.

"You want the honest answer?" I asked him.
"That's usually what I want when I ask" He replied and I gave him a small but sad smile.
"I'm not good, Daryl" I replied and silence filled us, "I lost my baby" I told him.

"Oh Rain...I'm so sorry" He apologised and I nodded my head slowly as I tried to stop the tears from falling again.

"And out of anger and grieve or maybe it were stupidity but I ended it with Glenn" I told him.
"You can't help how you feel" He stated after a moment of silence.