S2 - Chapter Fifteen: Girl On A Horse

"Are you kidding me right now?"

We had decided to carry on walking, seeing as we can't really do anything about the gunshot from where we are but Lori kept stopping and looking behind her concerned, "Where do you think that came from?" She asked stopping once again so I came to a stop too.

"Maybe, Shane or Rick took down a Walker" Glenn suggested and I shook my head.
"No, they wouldn't waste ammo and risk drawing more to them" I said looking out at the woods as I frowned in concern, "And, Why only one shot?" I asked and Lori nodded, agreeing.

"Maybe a car back fire?" Miles suggested.
"In the middle of the woods, Seriously Miles. Use your brain" Max scolded his twin.

"I was trying to make her feel better" Miles replied and Max scoffed, chuckling amused.
"I don't think she is that stupid to believe that it was a car backfire" Max shot back.

"I don't see you trying to ease the worries" Miles argued back and I looked at the ground with a sigh as the twins started arguing.
"Mason" I said and he nodded at me.

"I'm on it" He replied before moving to stand behind them then he slapped them on the back of their heads like I would have.

The twins stopped instantly and rubbed where they were hit then they turned to Mason who quickly backed up with his hands up in surrender, "She told me to do it" Mason stated, pointing at me and the twins turned to look at me.

"Are you done?" I asked them unimpressed and they nodded before shrinking back a little.

"Lori, Shane and Rick can handle whatever it was and if they need us then you know Rick would tell us somehow" Glenn assured her and Lori nodded then we all started walking again.

However, we all came to a sudden stop again at the sound of scared screaming which caused everyone to turn with weapons up.

A walker were attacking Andrea but she had managed to keep it at arms length but were struggling with it on her own, "I can't get a clear shot!" I yelled as I tried to aim my cross bow at the walker's head but with her moving around, I'm afraid that I will hit Andrea.

Without warning, something came riding passed me and I stood stunned to see a women riding a horse, she took the walker out with a bat and Andrea fell down in relief.

I tried to ignore the fact that Glenn was pretty much drooling over the new woman as Daryl shot the walker in the head to finish the job.

I quickly moved out of the way as the horse stood up on it's back legs neighing but the woman controlled it as the horse came back down again and then she looked around at us.

"Which one of you is Lori Grimes?" The women asked, her southern accent thick as Lori stepped forwards.

"That's me" Lori stated with her hand up.
"Rick sent me, you have to come quick. Carl has been shot" The woman informed us and my eyes widened along with the gasps as the woman  put her hand down for Lori to take.

"Wait, you can't get on a horse with a stranger" Glenn said pulling Lori away and I scoffed.

"Says the one who hasn't taken his eyes off her since she arrived" I muttered but only Mason heard and he chuckled, rolling his eyes at me.