S3 - Chapter Twenty Two: Pull It Together

"She's gone, Rick!"

A couple of days passed and the group has been taking in turns looking after the baby that still doesn't have a name.

Rick is still not back and the rest of us are getting impatient waiting for him to get it together.

I mean, I understand he has lost his wife but he also has to think about his son who has just lost his mother and his new born daughter that he hasn't even met yet.

"Rain" Carl called me while I were bringing in yet another table into the block we were currently living in with Glenn helping me.
"What's the matter?" I asked Carl as I placed the table down and he sighed sadly.

"Do you know when my dad will be coming back?" He asked and I looked at Glenn who just shrugged at me before we shared a sigh.

"To be honest, Bud. I don't know" I replied sitting on the bench provided with the table, to be at the same level with Carl, "But don't worry, he will come around. Just give him some time" I added and he looked down.

"How much time does he need?" He asked and I looked up at Glenn again, "I don't even know how I should be feeling about this" He added which made me look back at him with a frown.

"What do you mean?" I asked him gently.
"I'm just slightly shaken up" He stated and I nodded, understanding why he would be.

"Well, if you ever want to talk then I'm here but you don't want to talk to me then you can talk to Glenn, Daryl or even Maggie" I told him before grabbing his hand, "Just don't not talk about it because that is just as bad" I added and he looked at me before nodding then he took me by surprise when he gave me a hug.

"Thank you, Rain" He said with a small smile.
"Why don't you go over to my brothers and tell them that I have allowed for them to teach you how to throw knifes" I said and his face lit up before he nodded his head then ran away.

"Make sure you go outside though!" I called after him then sighed before looking at Glenn, "You're going to have to go into that block and bring Rick back" I told Glenn and he nodded.

"Agreed" Glenn replied and I stood up, "I'll be back as soon as I can" He added then gave me a quick kiss on the lips before walking away.

"Be careful" I called out to him and he turned to look at me briefly with his famous smile that still makes me go weak in the knees even after almost a year of us being together.

"Always" He replied then gave me a wink before leaving the block and I rolled my eyes.

"We will be outside if you need us" Mason informed me as he walked by with Miles and Carl, who seemed eager to get outside quickly.

"Just please be careful" I told my brothers who nodded and Mason left but I stopped Miles, "Could you do me a favour?" I asked and he frowned but still nodded, "Try and get Carl to talk, with everything that has happened, I'm just worried about him" I stated concerned.

"Don't worry, I'm on it" He assured me and I smiled at him before he also left the block.

I went to go check on the baby that is currently in Beth's care right now when I noticed Max sitting on his own on the second floor landing, he sat with his legs through the railing and were swinging them as they hung off the edge.