~Chapter3~

Harris heard the doorbell ringing so he opened it to see Daniel and he let Daniel in his house.
"Come in, Daniel."
So he went in. He saw many amazing things like a fountain and amazing decor.
"Wow, Harris, you got a massive home."
"Yeah, so what brings you by?" Oh, where are my manners please take a seat.
"Oh, okay," he said as he seated on the couch.
"So Uhm, I have a question?"
"What is it, my friend?"
"Do you have a girlfriend before?"
"Okay, that's a bit personal but no I don't have a girlfriend before."
"Oh, okay,"
"But I do have a crush before her name is Jennie but she move to the states with her brother so that didn't work out well."
"But does she knows you have a crush on her?"
"No, that's the one thing I regret I didn't say I liked her before she left. Since then I lost contact with her and I never got to see her."
"Oh, I'm sorry Harris, maybe one day she'll come back."
"I don't know about that. I don't know if she still remembers me after those years.
"What does she look like?"
She got blue eyes, and blue hair with pink stands at the tips of her hair. I didn't tell her I like her because I'm scared she might reject me."
"Don't worry, soon you'll find the courage to tell her you like her but for now I can see you're not ready."
"Wait, why are you suddenly asking me? Stop beating around the bush and just tell me. Wait, you like someone don't you?"
"What no?" he said gulping a lump in his throat."
"Then why are you suddenly asking me all these questions?" he asked with an eyebrow raised.
"Fine, you win I'll speak up. There's this girl in my class. Her name is Cherie."
"Okay, you mean the exchange student."
"Yeah, she's the one."
"Okay, I'll listen just tell it."
He took a deep breath and said.
"So let me start from the top. Now listen and don't laugh."
"Okay, just tell me."
"I saw her sitting at the bus stop she dropped her earphones so I gave them to her. Then I saw her on the bus having a hard time so I lent her my shoulder to lean on. After that, I asked you and Gio if you knew her. And Gio said she can speak French.
"Okay, continue."
"I've invited her to come to the rooftop and from there I felt something special about her she is the first one to know I climb up to the rooftop, not even you and Gio wouldn't come to that place because you two are scared of heights."
"Yeah, so. Come on continue."
"And just yesterday I saw Cherie with another man at the bus stop waiting for the bus to arrive. I can't help but feel jealous because I don't want her to be with that guy I only want her to be with me. And when my little brother went missing she helped me to find him, turns out he was just sitting on the fountain crying waiting for me. Good thing she found him then she walked home I saw her holding her bag in her hands trying to cover herself from the rain just to stay dry. I want to go near her with my umbrella. But the guy who was talking to her earlier came and grab my chance."
"So?"
"That's it."
"Okay, you have two options on this."
"And what is that?"
"It's rather telling her what you feel or avoiding her to not get embarrassed about what to say to her."
"What do I have to do?"
"On what?"
"If I were you I'd tell her how I feel because life is short, I regret not telling Jennie how I felt."
"I want to do that too but how. I have no money, I can't treat her on a date."
"Hey, I'm not talking about money, yes money can buy you anything but it can never buy love. For love must be earned and trust should be built."
"Wow, I've never thought I hear that from someone like you."
"Well, you learn from the best."
"Hehe, okay thanks for the advice bro."
"You're welcome, and come visit anytime whenever you got a problem."
"Okay, bro, thanks.
"Oh, one more thing before I leave."
"What is it?"
"Cherie gave me her number. She said I can call her if I'm having a hard time in math."
"Why, don't you call her then,"
"It's not that easy."
"Why?"
"She said if it's only an emergency I'd call her."
"Oh come on bro. Why don't you call her right now."
"What time is it?"
"It's 4:30 why do you ask?"
"I have to be home by 5:00 sharp or my parents will blame Leah for not taking care of me right."
"Wait, who's Leah?" he asked.
"Oh, her she's my maid and my brother's babysitter."
"Oh, I see. You call her as in right now."
"You'll help me right?"
"Of course, look just call her?"
"Okay, maybe I will." He said grabbing his phone out of his pocket and dialing her number.
"It's ringing."
"Hello?" She said on the line."
"Help me," he mouthed to Harris.
"Just be yourself, you got this."
"Hey, Cherie, it's Daniel."
"Oh, hey, why did you call? Is there a math problem you cannot understand?"
"No, actually I'm at my friend's house."
"What are you doing there? Should you be home studying?"
"I've done it already, English was so easy to answer and Science even though it's a bit hard cause you have to follow the formula. How about you? Are you done yet?"
"No, I'm done with English and Math, but science is a bit hard because you have to follow so many formulas. Ahh, I'm stressed out. Just follow this formula and I still can't get it right."
"Don't worry, you get it."
"Thanks, well I should hang up now so that I may get back to the formula. See you tomorrow at school. After this, there's an English form I should answer. Bye, talk to you again." She said and hung up.
"So, how'd it go?"
"Nothing much, we only talked about school and assignments.
"Did you bring up you like her?"
"Harris, you just heard our whole conversation and yet, you are asking me if I brought that up?"
"Why don't you just tell her you like her? What are you chicken?"
"Hey! Don't call me a chicken. Says the guy who didn't speak up to her crush a long time ago. We're just even."
"Aw, sorry, bro I got a little carried away."
"Yeah, so did I, I'm sorry too."
"Bro, I have to go home, before my parents arrive see you some other time."
He then left and walked home. It's only a mile away. After minutes of walking he got back home he went inside and saw Leah and my parents taking him. He was outside watching from the window.
"Leah, where's Daniel?" Daniel's mother asked.
"Oh, him? He went out to meet his friend, I'm sure he'll be here by now mam."
"Okay, just call me when he's here already. I need to tell him something."
"Okay, mam."
Then he came in.
"Daniel your mother is calling you."
"Yeah, I'll see you later Leah. He said and went to her mom's room.
He climbed upstairs and knocked on the door. He went in. I wonder what mom will say this time.