~Chapter17~

Cherie told  her parents that Soffie's back already.

     “Mom, dad, Soffie's back.”
     “What? She is?” Her mom asked.
     “Yes, mom, she's back. But I don't know if she'll come here, she hasn't called me yet.”
     “Don't worry, she'll call.”
     “Okay, mom, what's for breakfast?”
     “I cooked ham and eggs along with some bread. Come on and take a seat, Cherie, let's eat.”

So we ate our breakfast then I went upstairs to get ready. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I wore my lavender school uniform and tied my hair into a fish tail using a light purple band. Lastly, I wore my black shoes and went downstairs. I saw my little sister, Sunnie.

     “Hi, little sis,”
     “Oh, hey Cher Cher how's your morning.” She said and yawned a bit. 
     “Awe, how cute. My morning was fine, Sun Sun. Let's go have breakfast.”

We sat on the table and waited for mom to serve us breakfast. She made eggs and bacon and hot chocolate for the two of us. If you're wondering if Sunnie and I go to the same school. No, we're not since our mom can't afford Sunnie to go to my school because it's too expensive so Sunnie is studying at DKB university.

     “Cherie, Sunnie, here's your breakfast.” Mom said and handed over our food. 
     “Thanks, mom.” We both said and ate our breakfast.
     “Hey, Sun Sun, I'll go ahead.”
     “Okay, Cher Cher, have a nice day.”
     “Alright you too.” she said. 

So I walked all the way to the bus stop and I sat on the bench and waited for the bus to arrive. While I was waiting I saw Ethan across the street.

     “What is he doing, isn't he supposed to go to school? Oh yeah, his schedule was changed to the afternoon.”

He crossed the street and went near me and said. 

     “Cherie, if you're not busy later can we hang out for old times sake.”
     “Sure, I'll have to tell Daniel that I might not teach him today. But alright is Jennie coming too?”
      “No, only the two of us.”
      “Oh, I see okay then I'll see you later after my class.”
      “Do you want me to fetch you after school.”
      “No, but you can come by later at my house and wait for me there.”
      “Okay, sure, so I'll see you later.”
      “Yeah, okay.” he said and I waved goodbye to him. Then I got on the bus. I saw Daniel sitting by the window while at a daze. Just then, I called his name.
      “Daniel, may I sit here?”
      “Sure, Cherie you may.”

So I sat  beside Daniel and I noticed something was off. Usually Daniel should be talking to me right now but he just kept silent. Thus, I asked him.

     “Daniel, are you okay, you seem to be lost in thought?”
He looked at me.
      “It's nothing really, I'm fine.”
      “It doesn't seem like nothing. Come on, tell me maybe I could help?”
      “Cherie, it's personal.”
      “Oh, okay then." I said and got off the bus. 

I went inside the school. I walked to my lockers. I don't see Marie and Claire yet. Maybe I was too early. Usually they should be here right now. I'll just wait for them outside of the school. So I went out to the school grounds and waited for them there. I kept waiting till they finally showed up then I went near them. 

     “Hi, Guys, you're almost late today?”
     “Yeah, good thing we still made it.”
     “Why? Did you not get enough sleep?” I ask as we enter the school all the way to our lockers.
      “No, it's not that part of it.”
     “Well, my dog got lost and took awhile just to find him.”
     “Oh, I see.”
     “How about you Marie?”
     “Well, my car broke down and took a while to fix it. So it happened I almost got late. Good thing I made it.”
     “Yeah,”I said. 
     “Cherie is there something wrong?”
     “It's Daniel, he's acting kind of strange today.”
     “Strange how?”
     “Usually he talks to me on the bus but today he didn't. I wonder what's wrong?”
     “Oh, you know, just let him be, you can't know not at least he told you.”
     “Yeah, oh Ethan just asked me if I could see him after school.”
     “Why does he want to see you?”
     “I don't know? Maybe he has an emergency that's why?”
     “Are you sure? Maybe he finally has the guts to tell you he likes you.”
     “What? He doesn't like me. You're concluding things again.”
     “No, where not? I can tell you there's nothing going on.”
     “Okay, let's get to class.”
     “What's your first subject? Mine is Science.”
     “Mine is P.E. dancing.”
     “It's math again ugh.”

I sighed. "Come on. Let's get to class.”

So we separated and went to our classes. I went to science and I saw Harris was there too. I wore my lab coat and my goggles and waited for the teacher to announce the pairings.

    “Okay, let's Riza and Abby, Lucy and Fernando, Cathy and Jess and lastly Cherie and Harris.
    “Cherie, did you do your homework?”
    “Yes, I did Harris, did you?”
    “Yeah, I did.”
    “So shall we get started?”
    “Yeah, let's go.”

So we put on the goggles and we put on our lab coat. Then we started figuring out what the formula was. We tried to mix the red and yellow liquid to the blue and green liquid. Then we write. Ax2C-5-41+25x2=Blue diamond then the next is. Gx2xy+2-1πyx54=200Hearts.

    “Wow, Harris you're good at this.”
    “Yeah, so are you.” He smiled at me. 
     “We make a good team don't you think.”
    “Yeah, I guess.”

Then the bell rang. 
Harris and I walked together out of the lab room.

     “So, Cherie, can't wait for our next lab. I hope you will be my partner then.”
     “Yeah, me too, well Harris I'll see you around. Bye.”
     “Okay, see you around.”

I went to my locker to keep my science book there.

Marie then went out. 

     “Oh, I have a headache now.” she said rubbing her head. She saw me standing by the lockers.
     “How's math Marie?”
     “It's brutal. I have a headache just now by solving many equations I can't even understand.”
     “Oh, math is a hard subject indeed. 
     “Where is Claire? She should be finished by now.”

Then Claire went out looking very tired so we rushed to her. 
    “Claire, are you okay?” We said. 
    “Yeah, just give me a minute to catch my breath.
     “So, how's your dance?”
     “It's hard but I aced it.”
     “Woah, really?”
     “Yeah.”
     “The teacher was crazy. She made me do 3 ballet dance moves and 4 hip-hop moves that's why I look so exhausted.” she said hyperventilating.
     “Come on, let's rest for a while.”
     “Okay.”