~Chapter29~

So Ethan walked to Cherie's place. It took him a few minutes of walking before he finally got there and rang the doorbell.
I heard the doorbell ringing and so I opened the door to see Ethan standing there.
     “Ethan, what brings you here?”
     “Nothing. I just want to talk to you about something.”
    “Sure, come in." I said as I let him in.
He entered the house and just stood there.

    “Ethan, what are you doing? Take a seat.” 

So he sat on the couch and I sat beside him.
     “Do you want something to drink?"

     “Okay, I'll have some water please.”
     “I'll be right back, don't go anywhere.”

I went to the kitchen to get some water and walked over to the living room and gave Ethan a glass of water.

He stared at the glass for a while before taking large gulps of the water. Then I sat down beside him.

     “Cherie, I have to tell you something.”
     “What is it Ethan?” 
     “There's this girl at school and she told me she loves me.”
      “What?” My eyes widened.
     “Yes, she told me that she loves me.”
     “But do you love her?"
     “No, I don't. Because I love someone else.”
     “Then tell her. I'm sure she'll understand.”
     “Yeah, I guess so.”
     “Cherie, I have something to confess.”
     “What is it Ethan.”
     “I love you.”
     “What?”
     “I said I love you.”
     “Ethan, I'm sorry but I cannot accept your love for me.”

He didn't really say it. He was just thinking about what would happen if he did say it.

     “What is it, Ethan? What are you going to say to me?” Cherie's voice snapped him back to his thoughts.

     “Um, he gulped down the lump in his throat. I just want to say thank you.”
     “For what?”
     “For always being there for me and being my best friend.”
     “Of course, Ethan.”
     “So I'm heading off now. Perhaps my mom is already looking for me. I'll talk to you later."
     “Okay, Ethan. See you some other time.”
    “Yeah,” he said and quickly went out.

Meanwhile.

When Ethan went home, he sat on the couch. After seeing him there, his mom greeted him. But he was so frustrated with himself that he didn't bother to say hi and went straight up to his room. While thinking of a new way to make Cherie interested in him, someone knocked on his door. He opened it to see his sister, Jennie, standing there.

     “What's brings you here?”
     “Nothing I just came to get my pouch in your room. I forgot I left here the other day.”
    “Jennie.”
    “Yeah," she muttered absentmindedly as she kept on searching for her pouch.
     “Do I like Cherie?”
     “Well, Duh, of course you like her. You don't just like her. You like like her.”
     “Wait, when did you know?”
     “Well, Duh, I'm not that blind. Since we were kids I can take a hint because you spend so much time with her. You ask her out with you all the time, you even treat her ice cream and you always play with her. I can still remember that.”
     “Can you please keep this a secret?”
     “Of course, I haven't told Cherie that you like since it was too obvious. But no. I didn't tell her from the get-go.”
     “And let it remain that way for a while. I'll tell her soon if I have enough courage to do so.”
     “Since then, I never told your secret.”
     “Keep it that way, alright?”
     “I will.”
     “Thanks, sis.”
     “Just make sure no one will know about this.”
     “Don't worry, I won't even tell a single fly.”
     “Okay, fine and thanks for keeping it all this time.”
     “It's no problem that's what sisters are meant to do.
     “Thanks, sis.” he said as he hugged her.
     “Okay, okay.” she as she pulled away.
     “Oh, found it, I put it under the bed. When I was here last time and don't worry about Cherie, I'm sure she'll turn up someday when she's ready.”
     “I hope so Jennie.” Ethan said and Jennie went out of his room.

Minutes later.
I was in my room just laying in bed when I just remembered how Ethan was acting strange earlier. He sat for a few minutes while mumbling to himself. I wonder what's up with him. It's probably stress from school or something. I hope that he will feel better tomorrow. Suddenly, there's a knock on the front door. My sister is in her room probably listening to music. Mom and dad are asleep in their room so I went out of my room to check it out. I went to the front door and opened it to see my friends Marie and Clarie.

     “What's brings you here?”
     “Well, we should go out.”
     “Yeah, we miss hanging out with you.”
     “Okay, I'll ask mom if I can go. Wait here for a while.”
     “Sure, we'll be waiting!”
I went to my parents room and knocked.
     “Yes, come in.”
So I entered the room.
I saw my mom is reading a book while dad is asleep.
     “Yes, Cherie, what is it?”
     “Mom, can I go out with my friends today, Marie and Clarie are here.” I whispered.
     “Sure, honey, just don't stay up late and buy some oil when you get back.”
     “Okay, thanks mom.”

I went to my room and changed to my red t-shirt with the words ‘beautiful girl’embroidered on the front, I wore my jeans along with my red rubber shoes. I also got my two-toned red and black bag to put the stuff I need like makeup and such then I went out.

I met with my friends outside.

     “So girls, how do I look?”
     “Wow, you look pretty in that.”
     “Yeah.”
     “Let's go then.”
     “Where are we going by the way?”
    “To the mall.
We took a bus to get to the mall. We waited on a bench for the bus to arrive. The bus arrived momentarily and we got in and looked for a seat. We sat at the front and paid for the bus fee. After a few minutes, the bus drove off. The bus stopped when we arrived at our destination and we got down and walked a few more blocks before entering the mall.

    “Come on girls, let's go shopping.”
    “The two of you can do that first. I'll just be at a nearby cafe and finish my homework.”

    “You brought your homework?”
     “I'm sorry the deadline is in a few days and I don't want to fail.”

    “Just finish it quickly so we can have fun.”
    “Okay, you two go ahead. I'll catch up with you later.”

    “You're such a study freak."
    “I know, but I have finish this.”
    “Okay, but make it quick.”
    “Well be at the arcade, meet us there when you're done.”
    “I will.”

Cherie began studying and answering the questions at her text book and read some more. Minutes later she got tired and fell asleep.

Daniel and Harris were at the area and they saw a girl sleeping.

     “Hey, Daniel isn't that Cherie?”
     “Where?”