~Chapter34~

I was still studying when I checked the clock and it's time to drive Sunnie to the party. I'll just bring my bathing suit and my bag with my books in it. I started packing the things I need there's not much to bring really since it's a night pool party and besides I won't be there for long. I got my bag and brought my notebook, my pen and my math book. I went downstairs and waited for Sunnie then my mom came out of my room.
     “Cherie, are you all set?”
     “Yes, mom. I'm just waiting for Ethan to come.”
     “Ethan is coming?”
     “Yeah, I ask him to come with me and he is insisting he's going to teach how to swim.”
     “Oh, that's sweet of him.”
     “Sure he is.”
     “Oh, that's his car. I'll go ahead and tell Sunnie to hurry.”
Sunnie then went rushing down the stairs when she heard the car was here.
Then Cherie's mom went out. And saw Ethan waiting. Ethan saw Mrs. Taylor so he decided to greet her.
     “Good afternoon Mrs. Taylor.”
     “Oh hi, Ethan I've heard from Cherie that you will teach her how to swim.”
     “Yes, why do you ask?”
     “Nothing, it's just so sweet of you.”
     “Ah, shocks, it's nothing.”
     “But I'm warning you Cherie isn't a good swimmer.”
     “I'm aware of that Mrs, Taylor don't worry,”
    “Sunnie, come on.”
    “Just a minute, I need to find my shades.”
     “Well, hurry, Ethan is waiting for us.”
     “Just chill. Oh. Found it.”
     “Oh, good, now let's go.”
     “Can't wait to see your Prince Charming eh?”
     “Sunnie, he's not my Prince Charming. Will you stop teasing me? Ethan is just my best friend.”
     “Yeah, right, sure, keep denying it, it will soon come out sooner or later.”
     “Sunnie, what are you talking about?”
     “This is pointless, it's nothing nevermind.”
     “Then come on, let's go down, so I can continue studying for my quiz tomorrow.”
     “Study freak.”she uttered.
So we went down and saw Ethan by the door.
    “Ready?”
    “Yes.”
    “Then get in. Oh where are my manners, let me get that for you Cherie.”He said and opened the car door for me.
    “Thanks, Ethan.”
Sunnie sat at the back while I'm at the passenger seat. Then he climbed into the driver seat and started driving.
     "It's too quiet, should I start a conversation?” I said thinking.
     “So, Ethan when did you know how to swim?”
     “Remember my house in France well, there's a swimming pool there. My mom taught me how to swim.”
      “Oh, okay.”
      “Well, how about you? Cherie, does your mom and dad teach you how to swim?”
      “No, my dad is an author of books he loves to read and write and my mom well, she's good at cooking.”
     “That's why your cooking was delicious. You inherited cooking from your mom.”
     “Yeah, I guess so. Ethan may I tell you something?”
     “Sure, what is it?”
     “Promise you'll keep this a secret?”
     “Of course, I promise won't tell.”
    “I think I like someone.”
Is she going to tell me she likes me or maybe not I'm not sure.
     “Okay, is it someone I know?”he asked.
     “No, He's from our hometown France.”
     “Oh... Okay.”
    “Have I met him?”
    “No, but he's someone you already know.”
    “Woah, really?”
    “Yup.”
    “I can think of no one in the moment.”
    “Just focus your eyes on the road.”
    “Oh, yeah,”
So after a few minutes we arrived. We got out of the car and entered the venue Gigi's pool party. Gigi greeted us.
    “Hi, Sunnie, so glad you can make it.”
   “Yeah, me too.”
   “Oh, hi Cherie,”
   “Hey, Gigi,”
   “Hey, Sunnie, come on, let's swim.”
   “Okay, let me just get changed.” she said and went to the bathroom to change her clothes into her swimwear attire.

I just sat there in my usual wear and studied for tomorrow's pop quiz. While I was studying there. I saw Daniel enter with Harris and Gio.
    “Oh, just focus on studying Cherie. Don't get distracted by those muscles and abs.” I shake that thought off my head and just continue writing some sample questions and I answer that.
     “Ah, Cherie, aren't you going to change?”
     “Maybe later, kind of busy answering this math problem.”
     “Oh, okay, then. I'll be right back. I'll just have to change in my swimming trunks.”
     “Okay.”
He got changed, After a while, he went out. I saw Ethan's body was so manly he had six pack abs and firm muscles. He looks so dreamy. Huh, what am I saying? I'm sure it's nothing.

I just ignored what I was doing and focused on studying for my math quiz. Then Ethan went near me and asked.
     “Hey, Cher Cher, come on, put on your bathing suit so that I can teach you how to swim.”
    “Maybe, later. I have to just answer the questions I made for my review paper.”
     “Okay.”
Daniel was talking with Harris and Gio when Harris spotted Cherie on a table studying.
     “Hey, Daniel, is that Cherie over there.”Harris pointed out.
     “Oh yeah,”
     “Ah guys, I'll just get my swimming trunks and get changed. How about you guys aren't you going to swim?"
     “You go ahead Gio well be right there.”
    “Okay, if you say so.”
Daniel was still looking at Cherie.
     “Hey, Daniel, go to her, ask her if she would want to swim.” Harris suggested.
     “Okay.”
Oh no, he's coming this way, what do I do? Cherie just chill. Say something natural. He approached the table and said.
     “Hey, Cherie, do you want to swim?”
     “Maybe, later Daniel, I'm kind of busy answering my math reviewer right now?”
     “Oh, I see.”
     “Hmm, what are you doing here by the way?”
     “My mom asked me to go with Sunnie, and I agreed because I have no choice and Ethan is also here. He drove us here?”
     “Hmm okay.”
     “May I sit here, Cherie,”
     “Sure.”
     “Cherie.”
     “Yes, Daniel.”
     “Do you know how to swim?”
     “No, I don't.”
     “Do you want me to teach you?”
     “You know how to?”
     “No, but I got a few tricks off my sleeve.”
     “Thanks, for the offer Daniel but Ethan already offered me his help in swimming.”
     “Oh, is that so.”
     “That Ethan is always one step ahead of me ugh!” Daniel said to himself.

After I studied my quiz reviewer. I went into the girls bathroom to change my bathing suit. I wore a two piece blue bikini with heart shapes on it. I looked in the mirror. Hmm maybe I should tie my hair so it wouldn't get in the way. I grabbed a blue scrunchie in my bag and tied my hair into a high ponytail then I went out.
Ethan and Daniel saw me and their jaw dropped when they saw me. It's strange, as if they're in some sort of trance and I don't understand why.