Chapter 40 Not again

"Do you think it's possible to have two mates?"

Chase looks at me as if I had just turned purple and sprouted wings. He started to open his mouth to say something but someone beat him to it.

"No" I whipped around, seeing an angered, irritated and still-gorgeous Felix standing by the door. His arms folded over his chest.

"Felix..." my voice sounded pitchy and desperate. O goodness, Lily you are such an asshole.

"You can't have two mates Lily!" he snapped, "You just can't!"

"I just..."

"Is this why you came here!?" he yelled, his hands shaking.

"No I just-"

"Make up your mind for fluff's sake!" Felix continued, making me flinch, "I swear you're just – you're playing me!"

"Felix I'm... I'm sorry" I said, tears brimming, "This wasn't why..."

"Choose"

Our attentions turned towards Chase, he looking at me desperately.

Choose? How can he expect me to do that? I was still half drunk. Still struggling to see things solidly. They say that when a werewolf finds their mate, they will be able to identify him from miles away. It comes at an instant. One minute you will still be falling through trees and the next you'll be faced with him. You'll be face with the dark hair, the perfect sculptured face.

Everything will be perfect.

Every puzzle piece will somehow fall into place and there will be no more sign of loss, anger, betrayal or even hatred. All those feelings will disappear and you'll be confronted with the most glorious feeling of happiness, love and lust.

All directed at ONE specific person. Yet, when I dazedly looked at those two wolves staring at me – black spots and dizziness creating six godlike figures, those sirens did not halt as my eyes flickered between them.

Here were two men.

One I've known my whole life. We've shared a lifetime together. Those chocolate orbs eyes always glinting mischievously. And there was the person I've known for a few weeks. We've shared moments together I could only imagine spending with my mate.

There were two men.

Two equally important.

But who was the one I was destined to be with?