Chapter 35 Deep breath

I look at myself in the mirror, taking a nervous breath. Felix had not been happy over my response with wanting to go and my wolf is also pretty upset with me. I swear if she growls one more time I'm going to infuse a drug into my system or something. It was getting tiring and I needed to get my thoughts straight without having a wolf growling and moaning in my head the whole time.

Why did I even want to go? Maybe to settle things between Chase and I? We didn't leave on the best terms but well, we had bonded. At the word bonded I can hear my wolf's version of a snort.

O shut up...

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear before turning around, deciding it's about time I go see my mate. I leave my room, heading to the staircase. You know those Disney films where the princess stands by the staircase and her soulmate, whatever, stands by the bottom of the staircase? Prince Charming looks stressed and then he looks up at you. He looks like a Greek god in his suite and when your eyes connect, you feel like you might just burst and leave behind a dress and a pair of shoes?

Times that feeling by a billion and you might have an idea of what it was like when I saw Felix. I bit my lip, my fingers stroking nervously the soft material of my dress.

Don't fall down the steps you idiot

I gingerly take hold of the railing, heading down the steps slowly and with shaky legs. Felix looks like every hottie in Hollywood, every guy that you've ever pawned after. Wearing a navy suit adjoined with a single white rose stuck in his breast pocket. When he sees me, his eyes darken and a smile appears on his face. My whole body feels like it's overheating the closer I get to him. When I take the final step he holds out his hand and after wrapping mine in it, sparks erupt up my arm.

"You look beautiful" Felix whispers, his breath tickling my ears. He is literally going to make me self-combust right here.

I give him a kiss on the cheek, too flustered to actually say anything.

"Shall we get going?" he said, giving my hand a squeeze.

XXX

She was wearing the most gorgeous baby pink dress, the thing resembling a tutu. It hugged her small middle with a bow and lace danced across her middle. Along with the lace were scatters of sparkles. She looked like an angel.

My angel.

And we were about to go to the devil. Her hand was resting on mine as we drove, warmth spreading up my arm. We had been driving for about half an hour now, not really saying anything. She was probably nervous. Goodness knows for what reason.

Somewhere within me, I knew I knew the answer. But I didn't want to think about it. She wasn't nervous about seeing him. She couldn't be. It was most possibly because she was going to be in an environment filled with alphas and people of status.

Not because of her stupid kidnapper. A sudden squeeze made me look over at her. She gave me a light smile, nervousness in those blue orbs.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded, squeezing her hand back before moving my gaze back to the road. Was everything okay thought?

I didn't know but I think, after tonight – everything was going to be made clear.

O gosh, it better work out in my favour.