Chapter 3 Parents

The words makes my wolf howl once again in my head, letting a thudding sensation build up. Felix's hand slides off of my chin and wraps itself in my own hand, giving it a light squeeze. Our hands fit together like perfect puzzle pieces. He guides me out of the woods, moving slowly and continuously making sure I wasn't hurt anywhere.

The shooting pain from my leg had now turned into a light thudding and I was able to walk on it without letting the pain become obvious. We leave the woods and my heart immediately starts thundering once again.

The woods was my safe haven. Once could ignore reality and people in there. But outside – even in the dark – what was people going to think?

What was I supposed to be thinking?

Although my wolf was going nuts in my head with Felix holding my hand, I could not deny that my mind still flickered to the boy with the grey eyes. Was he okay?

What if he had been my mate?

A squeeze comes from my hand, making me come back to reality. A better reality. I couldn't be with my kidnapper. Thought every time I even thought of him, why did my heart skip a beat?

I glanced over at Felix, seeing him staring at me.

Maybe it was only because I was in the presence of my mate? I could feel my face breaking into a grin and I ignored whatever my head was going on about. My wolf was happy. I should be happy.

As we trudged to my house, I saw all the lights on and tried not to cringe. Dammit...

XXX

"O no" the words were barely audible but I still heard them. Only a second later, the door unlocked and her parents came running out. Her mom had tear streaks on her face which made me worried. When she saw the girl, she immediately rushed towards us.

"Lily!? My baby" she clutched the girl's face, inspecting her, "Where's you go?"

"And why do you have wolf eyes?" her dad asked, looking at his daughter filled with worry.

"Why does both of you two have wolf eyes?" Mom asked, glancing at me.

I frowned, not having expected my wolf taking control that much. I blinked, trying to get them away. I glanced down at Lily, she looking at her parents with worried gazes.

"Lily?" her mom spoke up, frowning at her.

"I – I'm fine Mom" She said, fidgeting in Felix's arms. He let her down slowly, she stumbling a bit but seemed alright.

"Where'd you go?"

"I'm fine Mom, don't worry" she gave them a light smile before turning towards me, "Thank you" she said, her eyes glinting like a wolf once again. Her wolf eyes were like crystals – the darker hue of aquamarine but so beautiful it made me want to stare into them all day.

I gave her a light smile, my wolf howling in my head.

"We'll talk tomorrow, okay?" I nodded, glancing at her.

She nodded, her cheeks flaming once again. Her parents glanced at me once more, giving me sceptic looks and then her dad's eyes finally widened.

"Hun" she placed his other hand on his wife's shoulder. His mate looked up at him and they shared a silent conversation. A second later, she glanced at me – a wide grin appearing on her face.

"Mates?" her mom asked, smiling at me.

I nodded, the smile widening. Her mom let go of her shoulder, lightly pushing her daughter towards me. She stumbled into my arms and my whole body tingled from her touch.

Invading Bordersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें