Chapter 16 Sneak

I snuck into the alpha's house again, Alpha Richard and Felix luckily out. They were probably out in the woods, patrolling and helping out. Which made me feel even guiltier about sneaking to the prison-cells. When I came in, Chase immediately looked up. Like before his eyes widened before his face morphed into a frown.

"What are you doing here?" he sighed, trying to sit up but his arms shook too much.

I held up the sandwich and the first aid box, trying to smile but failing miserably.

"What's that for?" he asked, frowning.

"You" I frowned back, going to sit next to him.

"You can't be here Lily" he sighed, closing his eyes.

"I came... I came to help" I said, looking down at the dusty floor.

He didn't say anything and only let out a sigh. I glanced at his wrists, seeing the sores and bleeding redness. I moved forward, lightly picking the arm up and placing it on my upper legs. I placed pieces of gauze around the iron, it stinging a little bit but my heart still lifted as I saw that the stupid metal would no longer touch his skin.

"Why are you doing that?" he asked and I looked up, catching his gaze.

"I thought it would help" I mumbled, biting my lip.

The arm lifts up from my legs and his hands are guided to my chin. Boys seemed to enjoy touching chins, it was weird. He lifted my head up so that I was looking at him, "Thank you" was that a smile? I swear he just smiled at me.

"Can I do the other one?" I asked, feeling his fingers making circles underneath my chin. He nodded, giving me a quick smile.

I gave him the same smile back before leaning over and picking up his other wrist. I placed the gauze the same way as I did the other one, placing it firstly in anti-defecting like I did to the other one.

"That's so much better" he sighed, the smile appearing once again.

"I'm glad, I bought you a sandwich" I said, holding up the food.

"Why?"

"Are you going to keep questioning everything I do?"

"Yes"

"But-"

"Lily, you don't have to do this" he groaned, staring at me. I felt my mouth dry and my heart skip a beat.

"But I want to" the words came out hushed, slightly audible. The circumstances we were in slowly disappeared as I drowned in those moonlike eyes. I could feel myself leaning forward, our breaths mixing with one another and my heartbeat raising. Warmth tingled up my spine as our lips just started to brush one another's and then...