Chapter 6 Girlfriend

Standing with a gaze that can only be described as Elsa can't control her powers again (Frozen), stands the ice princess of the Moonlight pack. Princess suits her perfectly. She's straightened her hair once again and is wearing a pair of shorts and a simple tank top in a way you'd think it was designed for the runway. Her arms are folded and the Elsa-stare is directed at me.

"Well, isn't this a pleasant view" Jenna sneered, ice about to shoot out of her eyes. The smile fades from my mouth and I'm suddenly struck with the realisation that this girl is out for war. I had stolen her boyfriend after all.

"Jenna, what are you doing here?" Felix asked, giving my hand a squeeze.

"Came to find my boyfriend" My wolf let out a low growl in my head and I could feel my free hand starting to shake.

"I came to you this morning and told you-" Felix started but Jenna cut him off, "You said you found your mate. Really Felix? She's your mate? Squirrel girl? You've got to be kidding me"

Felix let out a low growl, his wolf clearly not liking the fact that someone was talking ill of me. If I wasn't trying to control my wolf from not ripping Jenna's face off, I'd be smiling.

"Jenna, leave" Felix growled but Jenna scoffed, "O baby (this time I let out an uncontrollable growl), does she even know what you did?"

"Jenna" it came out as a warning. Felix eyes were trained on the girl, his stare giving off warnings.

"So you haven't? Probably scared she'll un-mate you? Don't worry baby, I'll be here for you then"

"What is she talking about Felix?"

"Nothing" he growled, "Jenna – leave" control comes through the words and Jenna flinches. She glares at me, "You'll regret this" she growled before spinning around. I watch her walk off, my wolf still growling in my head. Once my wolf calms down – she disappearing around a corner – I turn towards my mate.

"What was she talking about?"

"Nothing, she was spurting garbage" he said, wrapping his arm around me.

I eyed him sceptically, not buying it.

"She's Jenna, I promise it's nothing. She just wants to cause trouble" he enveloped me in a hug and immediately I drunk in his coffee scent. My wolf let out a happy whimper and trust crept into my chest.

Jenna was probably just causing trouble like Felix said. I've known her for a long time and she was seemingly into the whole rumours and snarky comments thing. Felix gave me an extra tight squeeze before letting go of me and enveloping his hand in my own once again. The conversation has ended yet I didn't mind. I didn't want to fight with my mate nor believe anything his ex-girlfriend had to say. This feeling was nice. When we were younger and were taught about werewolf things, they always said the first few weeks you're like a fan girl for your mate. You trust everything they do and say.

And for now – I'm okay with that. He escorts me home, we not talking much but the silence is actually comforting.

"Thanks for the morning, it had been fun" I smiled, turning towards him. Felix face is in a smile as he lifts up his free hand (his other one is still wrapped in my own), and brushes a stray hair away from my face with his fingertips. The touch warms my body as his hand lightly caress my cheek. I can get used to this feeling.

It wasn't intense. It was calm and comforting. Nothing like the heat I had experienced. It was just good. Felix takes a step closer to me, letting me drink in his breath. It still taste like bubble gum and smells gorgeous. Before I know what's happening, his soft lips find my own. Sparks immediately erupt and I can feel my cheeks heating up. It's soft and delicate, thought determined. This kiss, this is the novel-kiss. Not fast or heated but rather... soft and romantic. As if the moment is being savoured.

Inside my head, my wolf is being the complete opposite, going crazy, and itching to come out.

When my mate leans away his eyes had darkened and there's a big smile on his face.

"Well, isn't this a nice surprise"