Chapter 29 Announcement

You know that moment when everything is both ruined and perfect? Like when – okay, your pack has just been in a major war which kind of cost a lot of effort and pain – but also they had done that for you. And I was someone no one should ever go to war for. But yet, there I was. Back home because my pack decided I was important enough.

Another instance can be that you had saved your alpha. Like WHAT? I had saved our alpha. And that's pretty big no matter who you are. Being able to save your alpha is a pretty major deal. Note – it hurt a lot to knock against a young-alpha but still, I had been able to prove my loyalty.

So now, sitting on my bed contemplating if the past 24 hours had actually been a good or a bad thing, I was at a loss. I was relieved yet guilt-swept. Proud yet kind of sulky because I had somehow broken a rib with my contact with Lily's mate.

A sudden knock on my door brought me back to reality and stopped me from becoming Floyd or Piaget (philosophers – thank you forced philosophy class in college). Beverly's head peaks in, a wide grin on her face.

"What up sis?" I smiled, remember what happened when I had gotten home. She hadn't been allowed to go but had been standing by the border looking out for us. When she had seen me I had gotten the biggest hug from her.

And then a slap over the head with the words, "Don't you ever get yourself captured again you idiot"

"Alpha Matthew wants to see you?" she smiled.

I frowned at her, not understanding her wide smile.

"Your weird sis"

"Just come on" she said, nudging her head. I nodded, getting off of the bed. I follow my sister down the stairs until I see Lori standing by the doorway. She gives me a wide smile and a quick wave.

"Well if it isn't our missing pack member" she grinned.

I just rolled my eyes, giving her a quick hug.

"Thanks Bev for getting your bro" she smiled, glancing at my overly happy sister.

"Girls..." I groaned, following Lori out of the door. My sister follows behind me, even bouncing with weirdly placed excitement.

We head towards the alpha house where things only become weirder. When I see Matt standing by the door I'm relieved to see some normality. My sister is never this overly happy and the sneaky smile that's placed on Lori's face is not my favourite.

"Afternoon Alpha" I smiled at him, giving him a hug.

"Come on in, we have something to discuss"

I nod, feeling a bit unsettled as I came into the house. I hadn't been here in a long time and it brought up some pretty bad stuff. Yet, I tried to ignore it as I followed Matt to his office. I could feel my sister and friend's eyes on me and tried not to throw a funny face at them. I headed into our alpha's office, watching as he went to go sit at his desk.

"Please sit down"

Okay so this was a formal affair. An important thing. Was I in trouble once more? I slowly nodded, going to sit down across from him. Matt didn't speak for a moment, just inspected me before he changed his seating position. He gave me a light smile before opening up one of the drawer's in his desk. Getting out a folded piece of paper, it was handed to me.

"What's this?"

"An invite. If you choose to accept it"

I nodded, taking hold of the paper. I slowly opened it, the words a welcoming surprise to me.

"Is this okay for you?"

I looked up at my alpha, feeling my heartbeat increasing.

"Why?"

"You know why Chase. So do you agree?"

I nodded, getting up to shake the hand of the man I had saved.

cm&7