Chapter 36 - Train of Thoughts

Aria

Meeting Axel was a surprise. I never knew that Gab has a twin. To be honest, I never knew anything about Gab except for his name. It just shows how little my knowledge is about him. Gab never talks about his life. He would always pop up out of nowhere and confuse me with his riddles then leave with a snap of a finger. Funny that I consider him as a friend eventhough he's still a mystery to me.

The more I think about Gabriel and Axel, the more I became curious about them. They're like this unclosed mystery that still needs to be solved. Of course, the biggest mystery would be: Why am I still here?

If I remember it correctly, I never lost my memories. Before, Gabriel told me that this is the time my past comes back to haunt me. What was that past that I wanted to forget? Sei-tan was part of that memory. I knew him before, he said so himself. But what I don't get is... why did I even want to forget him?

And that girl back at the camp... Danielle Hemmington. She told me that she was my best friend. I knew Gabriel was the only one who can answer my questions but... where is he? I kept calling out to him but he never came.

I rose from my seat. Sitting here and ask myself was no use. I should find a way to talk to Gabriel.

I need to be somewhere quiet and isolated. A place where I can talk to Gabriel and get the answers so I can get out of here.

My heart ached. Was this the best desicion to make? Was I ready to leave everyone? Was I ready to leave this place? This world? Most importantly, was I ready to leave Akashi?

Can I... actually live normally in my world knowing that Sei-tan might be hurting here? I'm being selfish. Tch. Here I am, thinking of leaving Akashi without even trying. Was I that selfish to not try to show any efforts to fight for us?

The conclusion can only be one: I would go back to my world no matter what. Axel made sure to let me know that I had no other choice left.

After strolling unconsciously, my feet brought me to a deserted park. There was a playground nearby but the materials were rusting and at the verge of collapsing. I walked around to find a spot alone.

"Gab?" I tried to call out in a hoarse voice. I tried to many times but it was no use. Did something happen to Gabriel? Disappointed, I sat on the nearest bench and let out a deep, audible sigh.

"That was deep." Someone spoke from behind me making me jump up in my seat. I turned around a saw a good-looking guy standing.

His hands were inside his pocket match it with his light brown hair that dances with the wind. He wore a suit that seems inappropriate for his age but nevertheless, he looks cool and dashing.

"W-who are you?" I voiced.

He walked slowly to my spot and sat beside me, not giving me a single glance. Instead, he looked at the deserted playground with a passive look. "I'm just a stranger who loves to give advice." He answered mysteriously.

My brows scrunched up. "Oh." Shaking my head, I stood up and sighed again.

"What seems to be the problem?" He continues to ask so I stomped my foot down that was just about to make another step.

With a frown, I looked down at him. "Don't you think it's a bit rude to ask a person you don't even know if what's her problem?" I asked back.

He chuckled, tilting his head up. His eyes glinting with some feeling I can't put a finger on. His hair keeps swaying with the wind so he would charmingly brush his hair with his fingers. "Aria Torres, right?"

My feet immediately took a step back. With wide eyes, I gaped at this handsome stranger who was smirking. "W-what?"

He exhaled loudly. His expression changed drastically into a serious one. "I give up. Joking around isn't my thing." He uttered, rising from his seat. He looked down at me. He bowed politely. "Lady Aria, nice to finally see you."