Chapter 30 - Her Bipolar Boyfriend

Three days after my alleged best friend showed up, things still weren't back to normal.

I kept avoiding Akashi in fear of talking to his other side again and Kagami is avoiding me too.

I tried to apologize but that weird eyebrows is just too stubborn to accept my apology. I mean, I know he's hurt and might be angry but still, can't he act mature and we'll talk it out?

Eventhough I'm kind of pissed off, I still miss those two. Ugh, I can't even concentrate on what I was doing because of them!

In the end, I stopped listing all the players' progress and looked at the time. It was already 2AM but I can't sleep so I decided to get out of my room and get myself a tall glass of milk.

I started humming quietly as I walked to the kitchen. I switched the lights on and opened the fridge.

♬Two o'clock and I wish that I was sleeping you're in my head like a song on the radio, all I know is I gotta get next to you♬

I sung softly as I poured the drink and sat on the stool.

♬Sitting here turning minutes into hours to find the nerve just to call you on the telephone 'cause you don't know that I gotta get next to you.♬

I continued as one guy popped into my head. How funny it is when you can relate to a song.

♬Maybe we're friends, maybe we're more. Maybe it's just my imagination but I see you stare just a little too long and it makes me start to wonder... so baby call me crazy but I think you feel it too. Maybe I... Maybe I just gotta get next to you.♬

Suddenly, two arms wrapped around me from behind making me froze in my spot and stop singing. The person buried his face on my hair and sniffed it. Creepy much? I was about to talk but the guy spoke first.

"I'm sorry." It was him. The person in my mind. How convenient. I was just thinking about him and here he was. Akashi Seijuro sure knows when to pop up. "I won't let it happen again, Aria." His hug tightened but not to the point that it could suffocate me. The hug was so gentle that I felt so safe.

I knew right then, it was the Akashi I liked.

I held his arms and soothed him. "It's okay." I muttered.

I felt him lift his face from my hair. He placed his head on top of my shoulder and eyed my wrist. "It's not okay. I had hurt you." He firmly stated, caressing my bruised wrist with his thumb. I saw him clenched his fist. "That Danielle, I'll kill her." He spoke through gritted teeth.

"Dani?"

He looked surprised but he nodded. "How did you knew?"

"I met her three days ago. She appeared after you walked out." I explained.

His eyes darkened. "Don't come near her again. I'll handle her."

I turned around and faced him. "Why?"

He gave me a weak smile that sent my heart on a riot. "You'll find out soon enough. For now, can you sing for me?" He asked with a gentle smile.

That's it. Everything stopped and he was all I could see. It was as if everything disappeared and it was just us. "O-okay!" I answered, looking away. My cheeks started heating up so I hid my face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I told you never to smile again!" I reminded.

I heard him chuckle and pull me up so he can hug me. "You never cease to amuse me." He whispered in my ear in a husky voice. He pecked my neck which sent my spine a shiver.