Chapter 29 - Ghost From the Past

Answer the quiz truthfully!

Have you ever experienced thinking of someone almost every second? Yes.

Have you ever smiled at the mere sight of someone? Yes.

Do you like to be with him/her everytime? Yes.

Do you hate it when he/she is with somebody else? This is a tough one. He never talks to any other girl but me, as far as I knew. I'll leave this blank.

Does your heart jump/thump/pound everytime you see him/her? Sometimes? Recently, I think yes. So, Yes.

Are you concerned about his/her well-being? Yes.

Do you like him/her? Yes.

Do you wonder why you liked him/her because you just liked him/her already before you knew it? Oh my God, yes! Is this app psychic? It understands my feeling so well.

Do you accept all his/her flaws? Yes.

Are you patient with him/her? Yes. Duh!

Do you ever think of hurting him/her emotionally? Yes, I would want to hurt him physically but emotionally? No.

Is there a person on your mind right now while you're answering this? Yes.

"What's that?"

I almost dropped the phone after Kagami and Kuroko appeared on my sides, taking a peek at the phone. "Kagami! Kuro-kun! Don't scare me!" I yelled.

Kuroko stayed silent as he eyes the phone. "Eh? You were so engrossed on that phone. We've been calling you." Kagami explained.

"Oh? Is that so?" I asked, faking innocence.

"Yeah, what was that anyway?"

"A love quiz." Kuroko answered.

"HUH?!" Kagami and I both shouted in unison. Kagami looked at me. "Why do you sound so surprised?"

"Because Takao told me to answer it. I didn't know it was a love test!" I exclaimed. "That idiot!" I shrieked.

"Who was on your mind when you answered this?" Kuroko asked.

I pressed my lips and shrugged. "I don't know."

Kagami raised his brow at me. "Sure you don't." He uttered, obviously not believing me. "There's a practice game later. Akashi has been looking for you." He informed indifferently.

Oh no. I know that tone. That was the one he used before he confessed. He'll give me the cold shoulder again. I can feel it. "Kagami, what now?"

He looked at me through his peripheral vision. "Don't mind me." He answered. I stopped him by gripping on his elbows. He gave me a look I couldn't decipher before sighing, like he was calming himself. "Just give me space, Aria." He said then left me with Kuroko who was looking at me with a blank stare.

"Don't tell me you're angry at me, Kuro-kun?" I queried with a knowing tone.

"You're both my friend, Aria-kun, and I hate to see any of you hurt. No offense, you're being unfair to Kagami-kun and insensitive." He bluntly stated which caught me off guard.

Why does everyone keep telling me that I'm insensitive and dense? I'm not! Right?

"I wouldn't do what I did before. It wouldn't her to try to understand what others are feeling. You're giving Kagami-kun false hopes." He continued.

I was rendered speechless. Kuroko didn't seem mad at me but I can feel that he's starting to get annoyed with me. I looked down in shame.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, not meeting his eyes. Kuroko's words kind of hurts a bit but I knew it wasn't his intention to hurt my feelings. He was just being honest. "Can I be alone to think?" I excused. He nodded and left while I sat back on the log I was sitting on a while ago.