Chapter 34 - The Older Akashi

Continuation from Chapter 32....

I let him in. Questions flooded my brain as I watched him step in. His cold eyes surveying the surroundings of my unit.

Why was Sei-tan's father here?

"Um, would you like anything to drink?" I asked nervously.

I now knew where Akashi got that piercing intimidation. There was something about the older Akashi that made me nervous.

He met my eyes. I felt that something about me irked him. "No, sit." He gestured the seat in front of him.

I obliged and stared at him, waiting for him to voice his reason for his visit.

The older Akashi adjusted himself from the seat then cleared his throat. I prepared myself for the worst. His cold demeanor probably gave me such a bad feeling. "I just learned that you're my son's girlfriend." The way he said the last word dripped so much hatred and disgust. I knew he had something worse to say. "I'm sure you knew that Seijuro will be the one to inherit our vast fortune. I raised him to excel in everything and when I say everything... that includes his wife to be. His wife needs to be the exact person as Seijuro is. Someone of grace and wealth. Someone who can help him run our business. Someone who is dignified." Every word felt like a stab in the heart. As he continues his speech, every syllable was a knife repeatedly stabbing me.

My chest feels tight. I knew what he was trying to say but I can't react. His stare froze me. This was Akashi's father, after all. Having that effect on people comes with their name.

"To be frank, you don't cut in. You're practically a nobody. I don't know what you did but you have to stop this foolishness. An Akashi is simply suited for a woman with a name that's ought to be respected."

I wanted to object and defend myself but my voice betrayed me but I just can't give up. I just had Sei.

"You're at the bottom of the social hierarchy. A person like you wouldn't be accepted. You will only bring Seijuro his downfall."

I wanted him to stop. I wanted to cry. He was killing me inside but I need to be strong. For myself. For us.

I swallowed the big lump on ny throat before meeting his emotionless gaze. "D-did..." I breathed a deep sigh, calming myself. "Does Sei know about your opinion?" I stated indignantly and politely.

His eyes showed the surprise in them but he quickly masked it off, just like how Akashi does it. "Yes. We talked. I never knew my son, of all people, defy me. He's becoming soft. What surprise me is that..." He glared at me. "That he tolerated how you spend your time leisurely. Even he does it. For us, every second is not wasted but you came along..." He trailed off. He emphasized the word 'you' as if I was a bug he was trying to exterminate.

"With all due respect Akashi-san, Seijuro has a mind of his own. He knows when to divide leisure and work. He was never the reckless type and I'm sure he can manage everything on his own. You could say that I'm confident that eventhough he spends so much time with me, he can still top everything you ever earned." I can feel him fuming as I spoke. I always have that effect on Sei-tan. I just know how to irritate him even more.

"How dare you--"

I stood up and looked down on me. "No! How dare you! You can't just barge in here and insult me all you can. Do you honestly think I'll sit around and accept those words with open arms? No! I may not be the perfect wife for him but I can make sure that I'll take care of him the best way that I can. I will love him more than you ever did!" All the pent-up frustrations burst out in a minute.

Maybe because I can't stomach the thought of Sei-tan being taken away from me. Now that I'm sure I'm in love with him.

"I now know what Seijuro sees in you. Because of that courage, I'll let this one go but this won't be the last talk we'll ever have." He finished before standing up. He gave me one last look then sneered and made his way to the door.