chapter one

[08/27/2014]

The guy left shortly afterwards after giving me my things that I refused to take since I knew it wasn't mine but he gave it anyway and left, not before giving me that dazzling smile of his.

You don't know how scared, confused, or weirded out I am right now. It was like a mix of emotions that was enough to make my head throb.

Did I mention that I hate thinking? No? Well, now, I do. So I don't have a clue what's really happening or where the hell I am really. I mean, dude, I came from the old library and I was looking forward to going to Narnia, not freaking Japan!

And that's when I just realized... Dani was nowhere near me. I started to panic as I grabbed the things the stranger gave me and rushed out of the infirmary to find my best friend.

Only to realize, yet, again what a big mistake I made.

Did I mention that I'm not good with directions? Well, now you know. See? We're finally getting to know each other! So back to the topic at hand, where is the exit again?

An hour of roaming around the halls later, I was freaking tired already and, goddamn it, my feet was starting to hurt now. If you were me and you just searched this huge school to find the exit, I doubt you'll make it out alive.

So then after that agonizing hour, I realized that the exit might be located on the ground floor. Ha, silly me. It just dawned on me that I was at the third floor. How would I find the escape route in this floor? Through the window? No, I'm not suicidal.

So I descended the stairs in an abnormally fast pace until I can see that bright light blinding my eyes and, might I say, I almost started singing 'Hallelujah' because of so much glee and relief.

Luckily for me, I didn't used a day to get my way out of this hellhole. But all good things must end because I found myself not outside but, still, inside.

How unlucky could I get?

But of course, I found myself in the gym full of guys--thank God they're not shirtless-- and a girl, wearing the exact same uniform as I am. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we're schoolmates.

And the question surfaces again: what the hell happened to my Glendale uniform?

That wasn't the point, for now. Their attention was on me. Curious and inquisitive eyes gawked at me as I stood on the entrance of their gym. I waved awkwardly and gave a million dollar watt smile which I think turned out to be creepy. "Hi."

They all gave their own set of greetings but the girl approached me, studying me curiously. "Hey." she said. "You seem new."

No shit, sherlock.

I decided to play nice and not display my snarky, sarcastic side which usually surfaces whenever I'm stressed and, right now, I'm more than freaking stressed.

"Yeah..." I drawled slowly and unsurely. "I kind of am."

She nodded and smiled. "I see." Her face... It seemed familiar but I can't quite put a finger on it. I felt like I knew her and the people behind her. "I'm Riko Aida." she introduced and pointed to the team afterwards. "and they are the Seirin basketball team." she added.

"Oh, um, nice to meet you." Find this freaky but there was something about them that I find eerily familiar. Like I had met or seen them but that can be impossible, right? "I'm Aria Torres."

"Hm? Foreigner, huh?" Riko mumbled, her hand rubbing her chin like she was thinking of something.

"Kagami, you talk to her." a bespectacled guy instructed and kicked another guy whose taller. His hair was different, kind of layered wherein the top was all red and the bottom was black. Who knew someone in Japan-- a guy, for that matter-- would be crazy enough to go for wild hair colors. Since I grew up in the west and have seen more nutjobs who dyed their hairs in the most extravagant color as possible, I just ignored the color and observed his face.