chapter five

"Ah! I told you we're late, Sae-chan!"

Yumiko complained as we run to the entrance of the stadium where the game was held. I could vaguely hear the cheers inside as we were nearing the establishment.

It took us quite a while to get inside. The stadium was full, considering it was just high school basketball game. Guess basketball is a really popular sport here in Japan. We were just above the upper level. Our eyes fixated on the court where Kagami and Kiyoshi-sempai is double-teaming the guy with green hair, whom I assumed was Midorima Shintarō because there were no other players with such loud colors, aside from Kagami and Kuroko.

My head throbbed for a quick second. I tried to pass it off as a headache because of the noise inside the stadium but it seemed far more different.

I could see pages upon pages of a book when I closed my eyes. My hand went up to the bridge of my nose.

Draw them to him and pass. Kuroko will be benched. Run and gun speed basketball. Something in me spoke.

My heart seemed to stop for a second as the nagging, persistent pain continued on top of my head as if there was a rock pressuring my brains.

"What do you think will happen, Aria-chan?" Sae asked, oblivious to the pain I was feeling. Her eyes were focused on the game.

My eyes went to Kuroko. There was something about his expression right now that was eerily familiar. "Kuroko..." I drawled, trying to keep my face neutral and prevent them from seeing my pained expression.

"Huh?" They exclaimed in unison. Both of their eyes turned to Kuroko. "Where is he?" Sae asked.

I tried to pinpoint Kuroko but his nonexistent presence was making it hard for me. The pain in my head never subsided. Instead, it feels like my head continued to pulsate. "Keep your eyes on Kuroko. He's up to something." I held my head in an attempt to subdue the pain. "He has a plan that should change the flow of the game."

"What do you mean, Aria?"

I looked at them for a moment and turned back to the court just in time for Kuroko to enter the court again. "Midorima and Kuroko. Ugh, this is frustrating." I breathed slowly. I was starting to get dizzy. "Just watch them."

Sae turned to me, her eyes widened in surprise, worry was visible. "Aria, are you okay?" she held my arm as she tried to examine my face.

Yumiko noticed what was happening between Sae and I but her eyes suddenly went past us. Her eyes widened in shock or surprise. "Aren't you guys from Kaijo and Touou?!" Yumiko shouted.

Sae and I slowly whirled our heads to her line of vision. Sure enough, I saw Kise Ryouta, a guy I recognized from the magazines Sae and Yumiko showed me and Momoi Satsuki, the girl from the streetball incident if I remember it correctly.

Their eyes turned to us. "Yumiko." I whispered, nudging her. "It's rude."

"Ah, you're Aria-san, right?" Momoi said all of a sudden. I was surprised but nodded anyway. "This is Ki-chan." She introduced the guy who was staring at me.

"Uh, he-"

Sae's mouth flat-lined. She gave the two a once over. "Scouting the opponents?" her arms crossed over her chest.

Kise looked surprised and smiled warily while waving his hands as if to say no. "I'm friends with Kurokocchi and Midorimacchi middle school so I watched their game." he explained as to which Sae nodded her head in response.

Momoi looked back at the court just to be in a big surprise when she saw what was happening on the court. "Tetsu-kun is facing Midorin?!" She exclaimed.