Chapter 21 - Years Later

"Congrats, baby sis! You're attending NYU this fall!" Dan greeted me with a goofy grin on his face as he flashes the acceptance letter in my face. I couldn't help but laugh at his childishness. Who could've thought that this guy in front of me is an amazing lawyer?

"What are you so happy about, you goofball? Your alma mater is more amazing!" He attended and graduated at the Harvard Law School years ago.

He frowned and slung his arm around me. "So? I'm just so proud of you! Just don't always get lost." He teased, poking me to the side.

"Dan, I'm ticklish, you moron!" I laughed uncontrollably as he tickled me in the sides. My laugh soon turned into hysterics. Thankfully, my mom came in and stopped Dan.

"Dan, act your age." She scolded playfully. Sad to say, my older brother is even more childish than me so it would be always who has to look out for him.

"Kids, lunch is ready!" My mom shouted from the kitchen. Dan stood up as I followed suit.

We took our seats and ate. "Oh now that I think of it..." Dan started while chewing his food. "Where do you want to go? My treat." He offered with a smile.

"London." I immediately answered, grinning.

His jaw dropped. "Aria!" He whined. "That's too expensive!"

I slapped his back harder than intended so he ended up choking on his food which made me laugh out loud. "That's okay! You've got plenty of cash in the bank anyway."

"No." He responded, sticking his tongue out at me. "How about Japan? The home of your precious anime."

My whole body froze. I knew my mom saw it even if it was just for a second. "No, um, I was joking, Dan. Excuse me..."

I got up and went upstairs to my room to lie on my bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Of course, I remember what happened almost three years ago. The Haven. I would remember being there and meeting everyone from an anime show. I never thought it was real. I thought it was just a dream while I was in a coma but I was stand corrected when an anonymous person left a stuff toy in my room one night just a year ago.

It was Taiga Jr.

I almost went crazy. It was impossible for a thing from my dream to be here but until now, the toy is still in my room.

So even if it was impossible to believe, I accepted that what happened was really true. Seirin and the games I watched. There were some scenes that still bothered me in my dreams but everything is blurred. The memories would come back but I'm sure it's still incomplete. I don't know, I just get that feeling that something's missing.

My phone rang loudly indicating I have a caller. I answered it when I saw Layla's name flashing on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Steph is arranging a party at her house! COME!" She shouted over the phone. Then she hang up. I sighed and pulled my hair up in messy bun, changed into a crop top, jeans, and heels. I was too lazy to do my make-up and change.

I took my keys and purse before going down to tell my mom I'm going out. Knowing Steph, she probably needs some help in decorating her house. I entered my car and drove off. I already learned my directions and have never been lost eversince.

I can say that a lot has changed. Especially me, I became cold and reserved. I didn't know what made me change but I just woke up acting like this. I pulled over Steph's driveway and headed to their door, opening it without pushing the doorbell.

"Oh, Aria! I knew you'd came! Layla said you're not going."

I rolled my eyes and dropped my purse on her bed. "I wasn't busy so... yeah. Need any help?" I asked.

Steph smiled widely and nodded. "That would be great!"

We all went downstairs and started organizing the party. I was in charge of the drinks while Layla took care of the food. Steph, Tracy, and Alice were busy at the remaining tasks. It took us hours to finish and it was already time to start when once we're done.

"The guests are coming in! Please let them in, Aria, so we can get ready!" Steph pleaded.

I nodded and went for the door while the four of them went up to get dolled up. I opened the door and let the first few guests in.

Soon enough, the house was packed with most of the seniors in our school from different cliques. The loud music blasted over the speakers while smoke came from any directions. I coughed the smoke out and went to the kitchen to get myself a drink. I opened the fridge and got a bottle of Dr. Pepper.

"No alcohols?" Someone from behind me asked. I turned around and faced the guy. It was Allen, the Quarterback and also one of the hottest guys in school. He looked at me with a grin. "Quiet as always. You're no fun, Torres." He teased.

"Whatever. Get lost." I mumbled, taking a sip on my drink.

He sighed, smiling. He's known me since grade school so he was comfortable around me. "If I ever met who brought that change to you, I swear I'll kill him." He muttered and slung an arm around me.

"Allen stop hitting on Aria!" Steph butted in and pushed Allen away from me. She then turned to me with a grin plastered on her face. "Everybody's looking for you! Come on!" She dragged me out of the kitchen and led me to the living room.

"Who are they?" I asked as a group of guys came into view. Tracy and the others were talking to them animatedly.

"They are the South Shore High basketball team." She responded with a excited smile. SSH is the private school which is an hour away from our school. The color in ny face drained. If there is anything I dislike, that would be basketball. It just makes me remember and miss that world.

I pulled my hand and stopped walking. "I need some air, Steph."

She sighed and glared at me. "You need to socialize, Aria! You've been like that for three years! We'll be college soon and I can't leave with you acting like that. Come on!" She firmly stated and dragged me again.

I was unable to speak. I would just nod and force a smile as Tracy introduced the guys to me. I stayed on the side, dividing myself from them.

"Oh my God, I love your eyes!" I heard Alice squeal. The guy looked down, smiling. I could see the blush in his cheeks. "Are you wearing contacts?"

Layla shook her head, rolling her eyes. "That's real, Alice. If I remember it correctly those type of eyes are called heterochromatic eyes? I think." She mumbled which made a shiver ran up my spine causing me to stiffen in my seat. My body reacted on it's own and I have no idea as to why I stiffened.

I stood up quietly to go back to the kitchen but I stopped and felt the need to retreat when I saw a familiar face.

"It's been a while, Aria..." He greeted smiling at me. I froze in my spot. This couldn't be... "Surprised?" he asks.

I shook my head and pinched myself to wake up from this dream. "Wha- Why are you- This can't be." I stuttered.

"You've left something." He mumbled.

"Aria!" I hear Tracy shout which made him look at me, silently saying that we aren't done yet.

"I'll be back, Aria." He raised his hand and waved.

"Who was that, Aria?" She asked.

I stared at his back as he gracefully glided and avoided all the people in the hallway.

Tracy nudged me again. "Who is he, Aria? He's cute." She teased.

I turned to her. "He's an old friend."

---

I guess you knew who that 'old friend' huh? Anyway, thanks to all your comments and votes! I appreciate it so much! You motivate to write and improve myself! Thank you so much! xx