chapter two

[09/07/2014]

There are three things I learned about Gabriel after staying in this place for a week. One, Gabriel is a disgusting pig who litters everywhere he can. Two, he keeps on popping up everywhere like a ghost. Lastly, he's not a normal person but I guess we've established that after he disappeared into thin air back on my first day here. Seriously though, he is a pig.

The boy had the appetite of Niall Horan and can still keep that weight without breaking a sweat. I smell voo-doo in the works. Not about Niall though, I think he's just perfect. Back to Gabriel, other than that Niall-like appetite of his, he is also a professional loiter-er. I don't know how he does it or how he can live with his lack of hygiene 'cause he keeps on leaving a trail of litter after him and it's not even funny because I get to be his personal maid.

What did I get to stop him from loitering around the place? I kicked him out, simple as that.

It's not enough that I can't keep the place clean for 20 seconds, but I also can't understand why I can't contact my family in the states. I tried calling them numerous times but the service keeps on getting cut off.

If I was in Japan, why can't I make an overseas call? There must be something really, as in really wrong here.

Then there are times when I will get this sudden dejavu running from time to time: I feel like I'll know what happened by heart. It was like I'd really met them before but I wasn't sure where. What intrigues me the most was why I had this sense of familiarity around them, mostly Kuroko.

I need to get my answers as soon as possible. I don't know how but I had to. Even if it's the last thing I do.

"You look like shit." Kagami mumbled as I closed the door behind me and followed after him as we get to the lift. We both stepped in silence and punched the number that will lead us to the ground floor.

"No shit, Sherlock." I retorted and let out a loud yawn, wiping my teary eyes afterwards. No wonder he would say I look like absolute crap today. I'm sure that my brown hair was in a mess today even if I had tied it up into a messy bun. Not to mention, the bags under my eyes, proving my lack of sleep from the previous night.

Don't blame me. I did a lot of thinking because everything around me is a big question mark.

"Well, sorry." he snorted sarcastically. "I was just concerned because you look like you've been beaten by Spartans." he stated.

I feigned a gasp and a shocked expression, subtly mocking him. "Now that's new. Kagami knowing about Spartans when back then he thought that heart attacks get bloody."

He did a karate chop on my head and inserted the hand back to his pocket. "I do learn, too, you know?!" he growled defensively.

"I was stating a fact!" I retorted.

He rolled his eyes at me, letting out a sigh afterwards. "You're an idiot."

"Says by the idiot himself." I muttered. "Should I be insulted?" I smirked at him mockingly which had him ready to attack me but someone was quick enough to step in between us before Kagami had the chance to.

"You're at it again." Kuroko stated knowingly and looked up at Kagami. "Kagami-kun, you shouldn't hit a girl. If coach finds out, you're dead." his voice was the usual monotonous and calm but I find myself giggling. He just cracks me up all the time, in ways I don't know how.

After hearing me giggle, Kagami gave Kuroko a pointed look. "See? This girl is crazy as a monkey on crack."

"Kagami's simile is improving." I piped in jokingly.