Chapter 6 Ep 4: Secrets of Starlight

(The Scene is As Title My Little Pony Sunset G5 President: My Little Pony Sunset Secrets of Starlight)

The Mane 7 were at the front of the new Together Tree that had been born after Opaline's Castle was destroyed

The Mane 7 were at the front of the new Together Tree that had been born after Opaline's Castle was destroyed. Izzy seemed to be waiting excitedly for another portal to appear, and so was Pipp. Zipp, however, was dying from boredom, Misty had no idea why they were still here, Sunset was staring concerned at the closed necklace, and Hitch... Hitch was smiling like an idiot when he saw Sparky playing with Sunny.

The baby dragon was constantly circling Sunny, as if he was playing hide and seek, sometimes even managing to sneak behind some rocks, but Sunny still managed to find him all the same and grab him in her arms to treat him like her own son, something that Sparky didn't minded as he babbled happily, and Hitch himself didn't minded, either.

What happened earlier with Sparky calling Sunny his 'mama' is still making the Sheriff a bit giddy. Why did it feel so great when Sparky himself hugged Sunny tightly and referred to her as his mom? Hitch has no answer to that question, but he knows that if Sparky himself loves Sunny as a mother, then maybe Sunny is the perfect mare for him after all.

He smiled warmly at Sparky and Sunny acting like mother and son. Why keep questioning the reason behind Sparky seeing a mother on Sunny when it was incredibly wholesome? Sparky seemed so happy and peaceful at her side, and that's what really mattered to him in the end.

He realized he was staring for way too long, though, and if anypony - or draconequus - else caught him staring, he'd look like a creep. So, he chose to let Sparky play with his new mother figure, but just as he was about to go and see how Sunset was doing...

"You know you're not as sneaky as you are, do you, Hitchy?" Sunny's voice suddenly spoke, catching the Sheriff off guard, and making him stop and gulp nervously.

Hitch turned back to her, just to see that she was looking down at Sparky on her hooves, but she was also smiling, and that actually made him smile a little bit as well.

"Yeah, well... Being sneaky was not really one of my strengths," Hitch confessed with a sheepish smile, then he approached Sunny and sat beside her. "I'm sorry for staring, Sunny," The Sheriff apologized a bit ashamed. "It's just that, well, I found the whole thing too adorable to not stare."

"It's okay, Hitch. It doesn't bother me at all," Sunny said with a little smile. "Just try not to be so obvious next time, okay?" She added with a flirty smile and a wink.

Hitch blushed a bit at this, but he still chuckled and nodded. "I'll try. Just don't steal my son from me, 'Mama Sunny'."

Although blushing, Sunny also bursted out laughing after hearing Hitch's joke, and Hitch himself joined in the laugh with her. It didn't matter the situation or the place, these two enjoyed each other's company so much that they wouldn't trade it for anything in the entire world.