Chapter 4 Ep 4: Sunny Side Up

At Opaline’s Castle in the throne room, purple flames burst around the throne room.

“Sparks of fire! Explosions of annihilation!” Opaline enchanted as she came through the flames before she gave an evil laugh before she started coughing as Misty was standing next to her with an innocent smile. “We’re finally steps away from our plan of total pony takedown! But we just need one more thing…” She then summoned some magical flames as she summoned Misty’s picture of her and the Mane 6 she got from the Brighthouse.

Misty was surprised that Opaline brought out her picture. “Oh, where’d you get… I, uh… I can explain!” She said nervously, trying to come up with an excuse from the picture.

Opaline just gave a small mischievous smile at Misty. “It’s good I found your photo because it brought my attention to something big. Their Cutie Marks.” She stated as she gestured to Sunset, Sunny, Pipp and Zipp in the air while their Cutie Marks glowed in the picture as Opaline slammed the picture into Misty’s face before the unicorn caught it in her hoof. “That is the evolved magic that’s powering their silly Prisbeam. That’s our ticket into taking over and destroying the remaining Guardians of Harmony.” She declared as Misty listened, while knowing she’s referring to Sunset, Twilight and Discord. “If we can steal their Cutie Marks, then we’re not just powerful, we’re all-powerful!” She declared as she spread her wings as she gave her evil laughter again, but she coughed again for a second as she looked at Misty. “But I’m getting ahead of myself. First, I need to find a way to boost my power.” She explained as Misty looks nervous. “Then, I’ll cast a transformation spell to capture those Cutie Marks! Then…” She tried to continue but she coughed again as she rubbed her neck. “I’ll book a throat detox.” She added, going to need to detox her throat from her coughing. “And then after, well, as they say, Misy, ‘The rest is history’.” She finished as she walked off.

“But do we have to steal their Cutie Marks?” Misty asked, feeling unsure if they could steal the Mane 6’s cutie marks. “They’re actually kind of nice ponies…” She tried to explain.

Opaline gritted her teeth as her horn glowed in a bright flame. “Nice ponies?!” She questioned in rage, which made Misty flinch in fear as Opaline’s flame on her horn faded as she turned to Misty. “Don’t tell me you really were having fun with those ponies?” She questioned if Misty was really having fun with them in the past when she’s out of the castle.

Misty shrank down a bit when Opaline’s face was close to her. “No! Not at all! I’m still just as bad as I’ve always been!” She quickly said while backing a bit with a nervous smile. “When we were together, they complimented me on my mane and I did not compliment them back! Ha!” She added with a cover up.

“Well, good.” Opaline said after she calmed a bit from Misty’s words. “Because now that we have the Dragonfire, there’s no going back.” She said, thinking that Misty already had Sparky when she returned to the castle.

"Oh, ah…Well, that’s the other thing I wanted to tell you, um…" Misty stammered. "I kind of, um, maybe didn’t get it, again.” Opaline just gave her a straight face. "Wow, Opaline. You’re taking this surprisingly well." She said in surprise, but that didn’t last long.

"TAKING IT WELL?!" Opaline roared, which made Misty flinch in fear. “I WAS BUILDING UP MY BREATH TO YELL AT YOU! YOU…" Opaline coughed again. "See what you’ve done to me, Misty?" She wheezed before she stomped her hoof down. "Ugh! This is a failure worthy of my worst punishment yet.” She growled as Misty gulped in fear.