Chapter 1: Make Your Mark Special

Twilight...Twilight...where are you? Can you hear me?" Sunset asked desperately.

The words burned on the pages of a journal, as Sunset Shimmer searched for her friends in the blinding darkness of her dream, on the face of Equestria, and the faded history of its past.

"I came back to Equestria because I wanted to pay my friend Twilight a visit," She narrated. "It's been, what? Many moons since last we've seen each other in the human world. I had just finished high school, with Twilight being there to witness the moment and congratulate me. What I didn't know was that it would probably be the last time I'll ever see her again..."

The hurt that can be heard in Sunset's voice is a reflection of the pain and regret that weighs heavily on her heart and mind.

"I came back to Equestria, to find that it has changed," Sunset continued to narrate. "The ponies were divided. Technology now exists in this world. And I'm stuck with more questions than answers on how this mess got started in my absence. Where did it all go wrong? Why did it all go wrong? How can we keep this from happening again?"

It was from a miracle that Equestria regained its magic, through the combined heroics of Sunny Starscout, Sunset Shimmer, and friends. But even with the magic restored, Sunset felt that it was only the tip of the iceberg. The start of something bigger than she, Sunny, or any pony in this modern age of Equestria could understand.

"Twilight's my best friend. She helped me on the right path to become a better pony, when I got lost in total darkness. I'll miss her...always. But until she and I are together again, the least I can do is to look after Sunny Starscout and watch over her progress. Just like how Princess Celestia once did for me..."

With the last words written of her thoughts, Sunset Shimmer retired for the night. But all the same, she thought to herself, deeply.

'Twilight. Wherever you are. I need a sign. Anything to point the way. I'm lost, trying to make heads and tails of this mystery. I wished I had your intuition. You always seemed to have an answer for everything."

With a sigh, feeling the sting of a tear, fighting to pour out from her eyes, Sunset fought the urge to cry.

'But now, I guess...I'll have to figure these out, on my own...goodnight, old friend.' She thought, missing Twilight and all the ponies she cared for.

In the skys on a nice sunny day, the winds are whistling, the birds are flying while chirping away, and then a whoosh went past them, which caught them off balance for a sec before regaining their balance, and as it turns out, Zipp is the one zooming past them as she fly ahead of the as she spread her wings while wearing two straps, one of her right front leg while the other is around her chest.

Zipp then hides in a cloud when a couple of pegasi with the same mane and coat colors while wearing glasses are looking at their phones fly past her. Once the coast was clear, Zipp got out of her cover, while having a puff of cloud on head until she shook it off as she flew away.

A little bit later, Zipp flew to Zephyr Heights as she headed to the castle while keeping cover. She made it to the top tower of the castle as she went to a window, while hanging upside down to see if the coast was clear.

Zipp then got in front of the window as she tried to budge it open by hitting it with her side, but so far no luck. "Hmmm..." She then thinks of another way to get in as she places a hoof on the window as she leans in, but then the window creaks open, which results in Zipp falling through it in the process. "Aah!" She cried out as she landed on the castle floor with a grunt, and then the radio on her strap frizz out as Pipp's voice spoke through it.