Chapter 2 Ep 2: Growing Pains

Morning comes in Maretime Bay as the sun begins to rise as Hitch is walking by with a cheerful smile on his face as ponies from the stores are setting up their signs to show that their stores are now open.

Hitch spoked as he walked, looking at his town and the ponies around with a smile. "It's another beautiful day in Maretime Bay, where the sun is shining, the Pegasi are flying, and practically nothing could go... wrong?!" He then cried out as he saw Dahlia in front of his station, with the front door covered in vines, having a guess at what happened.

Dahlia turned when she heard Hitch and gave him an apologetic look. "Oh, sorry, Hitch..." She apologized to him as he walked close. "I was actually trying to open the door for you." She chuckles a bit. "I know you don't like magic." She added, knowing that Hitch doesn't like magic.

"What? Me not like magic?" Hitch asked with a scoff, not wanting ponies to think he doesn't like magic. "I'm totally cool with it now." He said, thinking he got over it by now with a cool expression. Dahlia walks off as Kenneth then chirps at Hitch, telling him something. "What, Kenneth?" He asked in confusion as Kenneth tapped his wings, saying about the time. "Oh, you're right! I'm already late for my morning rounds!" He cried out as he trotted off.

"Good morning, Sheriff Hitch!" The Pippsqueaks' voices are heard as Hitch turned to his side and saw them.

"Gah!" Hitch gave a startled cry when he saw the Pippsqueaks tangled on a tree that Seashell must've grown by mistake. "I mean, gah-reat job, Seashell!" He said, trying to think of this as a good thing. "Here, uh, let me help you." He said as he got the Pippsqueaks untangled and brought them back to the ground.

"Thanks! We were actually stuck." Seashell admittedly said to Hitch.

"Magic is pretty wild, huh?" Glory added about how wild magic is lately.

"Too wild if you ask me." Hitch saids nervously while looking at the tree Seashell grew.

"Oh, no!" Peach Fizz cried out after hearing Hitch's tone. "Are you upset?" She asked, hoping they didn't upset Hitch.

"Me? Upset? About magic? Never!" Hitch said sheepishly to not let the fillies know.

"So we can use all the magic we want then?" Seashell asked excitedly as her friends smiled as well. "No rules? No holding back?" She asked as she giggled.

"You were holding back?!" Hitch asks in disbelief, never realizing that Earth Pony magic was that strong if Seashell was holding back the whole time. "Um... of course!" He said nervously with a little pitch tone.

"Hitch said use all the magic you want! Don't hold back, everypony!" The Pippsqueaks said out loud that everypony in Maretime Bay could hear, which they did as Hitch sweats, realizing his mistake.

At the abandon Canterlogic building, Sprout is at the front of the building with two Earth Ponies with him while holding a broom and a cap, showing that he is still on community service after his giant robot incident and trying to start a war to the other tribes.

"My magic's probably the most powerful in the Bay." Sprout boasted to the two earth ponies in front of him. "Wanna see?" He asked them.

"Does it involve sweeping?" One of the yellow Earth Pony in front of him asked sarcastically, reminding Sprout of his community service. "If not, then no, Sprout." He answered as the two earth ponies turned away.

Sprout gave an irritated look, seeing that the ponies were still ticked off when he was in charge in Maretime Bay as he summoned his Earth Pony magic as his hooves glow green and beat it down on the ground, so far nothing. The two Earth Ponies smirked at each other, seeing that Sprout's magic isn't impressive as they walked off.