Chapter 6 Ep 1: The Isle of Scaly

At the break of dawn at the Brighthouse, the Mane 7 started to prepare themselves to travel towards the Dragonlands to warn them about Opaline while Discord was joining the group.

However, as the Sheriff of Maretime Bay is trying to move some boxes to the exit he instead gets really distracted by something that calls his attention. Or rather, with somepony.

As he pulls a box out of the way for Zipp and Pipp to keep going, he suddenly looks to the kitchen, where Sunny is supervising that they have enough food for their trip. They don't know how much they will last traveling from Equestria to the Dragonlands, considering said place is very far away from the equine country, hence why Sunny's making sure they have enough food for their journey.

But Hitch's attention is completely on the Earth Pony mare, his childhood friend... And his not-so-secret crush.

He can't really remember when his feelings for Sunny shifted. Is one of those things you can't control. It just happens. One day, you may see this person - or pony - as one of the closest things you have as a brother or a sister. The next day? You cannot imagine your future without them, you cannot live without them, because they matter so much to you that the last thing you want to think about is losing them... Because you love them with all your heart, and that's what Hitch sees in Sunny.

He's known her for a very long time, even longer than any of the other girls. Sure, they were all cute and pretty... But his eyes could only lay on Sunny. His heart belonged with her, and if it wasn't with that orange Earth Pony, it wasn't with anypony, then.

So why is he still waiting to make the next big step with her in a relationship? Well, you're about to find out.

"Seeing something you like, Sheriff?" Sunset suddenly asked with a teasing smirk, as she lay over a box and looked mockingly at Hitch.

Of course, Hitch yelped a bit startled and jumped backward, he looked startled at seeing Sunset, but then sighed relieved when he saw it was just her. "Oh my hoofness, Sunset... You are way too sneaky sometimes," He said with a sheepish smile and chuckle.

"It's one of my hidden talents!" Sunset replied with a laugh. "So... Are you watching something you like, or not?"

Hitch blushed a bit because of Sunset's tease, but he knew that there was no point on denying the obvious. "I haven't been any subtle, have I?" He asked.

"Nope, not even a bit," Sunset replied with a mocking smirk. "You seem a little very fascinated with Sunny. In fact, you've been quite a bit distracted because of her lately."

"Well, can you blame me? Whenever I think, or whenever I even just see her... Is like if all my problems suddenly disappear, like if everything is right in the world," Hitch said with a loving gaze towards the Earth Pony mare, who was still supervising the food in the kitchen. "Guess that's what happens when you're in love."

"Huh... You're actually admitting that you like Sunny? As in like, like her?" Sunset asked, more curiously than shocked.

"I haven't been the best one hiding it, Sunset, and you know that," Hitch said with a chuckle.

"Well, yeah, but you two have tried to shut me, and the rest of the time we bring it up or tease you," Sunset pointed out as well. "Is strange you admit it just like that this time, that's all."

"I'm just not fond of lying. And when I do, I get really nervous because I'm a terrible liar," Hitch chuckled. "Remember when I lied about having seen nothing on the beach, even though I found Sparky's egg? I got so sweaty when Zipp questioned if I saw anything in there, and now I realize she wasn't even talking about the egg..."