Chapter 18

Avni was lost in her thoughts cutting veggies and was smiling. She remembered all the moments of him and Neil when Neil hugged her from back and then they went for shopping and his whining like a kid while she was buying the clothes. She chuckled slightly and was cutting the veggitable lost in her thoughts. Just then Neil comes near the kitchen and saw that Avni is lost in her own thoughts and cutting vegetable but is near to her finger. He goes there quietly without making any noise and stood near her. She didn't even felt his presence. He screamed her ears. Avni got startled and was going to attack with the knife she had in her hands but stopped to see Neil who made a shield of his hands protecting himself from the knife and shouted. Avni sees Neil and stops and sighs keeping her hands on her chest.

Avni: Neil you? I got scared. Why did you scream?

Neil: Because today I would really have eaten Lady's Finger.

Avni frowns.

Neil: You were so lost that you were going to cut your fingers.

Avni: Ohh.

She keeps the knife.

Neil: Where were you lost?

Avni(in low voice): In you.

Neil hears this and smiles but acts as of he didn't listen.

Neil: What?

Avni: haa umm no.. nowhere, nowhere..

Neil: Okayyy. But for now keep these things aside and lets order dinner from out.

Just then the bell rang and Avni went telling Neil that she'll see who it is. Avni goes and Neil smiles looking at her and remembers.

Flashback:

Neil: Where were you lost?

Avni(in low voice): In you.

Flashback Ends.

Neil hears Avni's voice and then goes to the hall and was confused to see the scenario. He came and stood beside Avni who is looking at near the sofa where Anish and Shreya were sitting with full anger face. They had their hands folded and we're looking in opposite directions. AvNeil saw them being confused and then looked at eachother. Neil asked her what happened by raising his eyebrows and Avni shook her head signing she doesn't know. They again looked at them.

Neil: Shreya what happened?

Shreya: Neil, he is saying that he wants a pastel theme for haldi but I want that it should be medium not too dark not too light.

Neil: If you want medium then lets fix that. What say Avni?

Avni: If she wants medium tones then what is the problem Anish?

Anish: Problem? Problem is that the whole wedding is according to her terms and wishes. I just want that atleast haldi function should be my choice.

Avni: This is also right.

Neil: But she must be having some dreams for her wedding that it should be like this or that.

Avni: But she is not the alone who is getting married Neil. Anish must be also having some dreams right.

Neil: Okayy accepted but who wears pastel colours on haldi I mean look at Shreya's skin tone. She is fair it would not suit her.

Avni: So what anyways she is going to be all yellow after haldi who is going to see her skin tone.

Neil: Exactly everyone is going to be yellow after haldi so why does it matter having a dark colour theme.

Avni: But Anish is adjusting in almost everything so why can't she adjust with this.

AvNeil were quarrelling continuously and Shreya and Anish were looking at Avni's face when she spoke and at Neil's face when it was his turn to speak.

Anish: Shreya we came to solve our fight and now here they are fighting because of us.

Shreya: Yeah, we thought they would solve our problem but here due to us, they started fighting among themselves.

Anish: Let's stop them now.

They both got up and tried to stop Avni and Neil from fighting but they were unable to. AvNeil were still quarrelling amongst eachother.  Anish and Shreya sighed and looked at eachother.

Anish & Shreya(scream): Sttttttoooooopppppppppp.

They sigh after screaming and her AvNeil startle and look at them.

Shreya: Stop fighting dude. Here, we came to solve our problems, our fighting but instead of that you both started quarreling. Come on. I am okay with the pastel theme. End of the conversation. Come Anish let's go.

Anish and Shreya left the house bidding them.

Neil: Wow. So nice. I was fighting from her side and now they are gone.

Avni: I won. Actually We, Anish and me, won.

She gave a sarcastic smile and went away.  Neil goes behind calling her name.

Neil: Avni Avni listen Avni. We already boughts kurtas for me for haldi. Now we should go again to buy a Pastel coloured kurta. Nohhhh!!(he groaned in frustration)

Avni: You boys don't know the colour shades right? And if you have not seen your kurtas properly Mr. Khanna so let me tell you that one of your kurta had a dark colour and the other was a pastel one as I knew Anish would be doing that so already bought both for you.

Neil: Wow wifey you are so smart.

He hugs her and in excitement kisses her cheeks. Avni becames stiff as she felt him kissing her on cheeks. She was blushing and became total red. She became a statue. Neil feeling no response from her realized what he did and came out of hug. There was a silence. None of them spoke. Avni looked at him and then looked down and went to her room. Neil looked at her smiling and ruffles his hair and smiles widely. He came and sat on the sofa and hid his face in his palms and then wipes his face.

Neil: Uff wifey, now I can't wait anymore to share my feelings with you. Yes I would tell you everything tomorrow which my heart holds for you. I can't wait anymore now. I love you Avni.

On the other side, Avni reaches the room and locks the door and leans against it and keeps her hand on her fast beating chest. She came forward a little and stood near the bed and remembered him kissing her cheeks. She smiled and looked in the left towards the mirror in which she can see her own blush. She kept her hand on the cheek he kissed and blushing more hide her face in her palms. In the living area, Neil was also smiling remembering Avni. He picked his phone and called someone.

To be continued....

.........................................................................

So, Neil is soon going to propose Avni. Are you all excited?

Do share your views by commenting and please vote 🙏🙏

Enjoy reading.

Love Love 😊