Chapter 17

Some days were passed with Neil thinking about how to propose Avni while she was busy helping Anish and Shreya with their wedding preparations and other functions.

We can see Anish and Shreya sitting at a cafe and talking.

Shreya: Okay listen Anish I have something to talk..

Anish(while sipping coffee): What? Are you breaking our marriage?

Shreya: No baba. About Neil and Avni.

Anish: What about them?

Shreya: Don't you think they love eachother but maybe are ignoring their feelings.

Anish: Shreya I don't know about Neil but Avni do love him. Not from now but from our college days. He was a senior to us.

Shreya: Ohh really? So Avni loves Neil but what about Neil.

Anish: That you should know. You are his sister. I know about my best friend's feelings but you don't know about your brother's feelings. Very bad.

Shreya: I asked him many times directly as well as indirectly but he doesn't answer.

They both sigh. On the side Avni is folding the clothes standing near the bed in her room. She feels two arms snaking around her waist but doesn't flinch as she knows who it is but feels shy a little.

Neil: Shy wifey, what are you doing.

Avni: Folding clothes. You want something.

Neil(leaving Avni and turning her towards him): Can't I talk to you without any work. Anyways what are you going to wear for the wedding and other functions.

Avni: I have some dresses I will see what to wear.

Neil: You are going to wear the old dresses.

Avni: They are not old Neil they are new. I have not even removed their tags. 

Neil: But still we would buy new ones. They would not match the theme..

Avni: Neil they are new and also match the theme. You don't worry about me. You don't have dresses we have to shop some for you.

Neil: You are not shopping for yourself how would I shop for me. I have some traditional wears I would wear tha....(Avni interrups)

Avni(strictly): No. I said we have to shop for you and that's final. I checked in the cupboard what traditional dresses you have. And we badly need to shop for you. 

Neil: Okay okay fine. Let's go.

Avni: Now?

Neil: Now. Go get ready.

Avni then gets ready and both leave for shopping. They first stopped at the shop of traditional dresses. She shown him two-three dresses but he rejected them.
All the dresses Avni was showing him he was rejecting them.

Avni: Neil, you have more tantrums than girls. You have rejected all the Kurtas I showed you till now. What is this?

Neil: Avni I am not liking any of them.

Avni: Ughh.. okay let's see more no actually I would choose and bring them and you try it out. If you just judged it from outside we would never be able to choose clothes for you.

Avni then brings some kurtas and shows him.

Avni: See Neil this green for mehndi function, black for sangeet, this blue one for engagement, this red one for wedding. But I am confused between these two yellow ones for haldi. We would choose one but first you try it out.

Neil then tries all the outfits which suits him well according to Avni and he buys them. After sometime they come out and Neil asks.

Neil: Where next?

Avni: to buy Jewellery.

Neil: Avni I not going to wear jewellery.

Avni(while laughing): You would not wear but I am going to wear right. I am not buying dresses but I need jewellery, if you don't mind.

Neil(smiling): Why would I?

They then go to the jewellery shop but some necklaces, head piece, nose rings, e.t.c. They come back home after shopping and get fresh. Neil is sitting in the living area with his phone. Avni comes downstairs and sees him and goes to him.

Avni: Neil...

Neil: Yes wifey

Avni: Actually (gulps) I am hu.hungry.

Neil: Okay so tell what you'll eat I would order it for you.

Avni: Nahh don't order. Actually (gulps) I want to eat sandwiches (gulps) m..ma..made b.. by you.

She looks down saying this and he looks at her and smiles.

Neil: So say it clearly. Why were you hesitating.

Avni: No nothing like that. I

Neil: Okay come let's make it. I mean I will make it you come to accompany me. Okay?

Avni nods. Neil smiles and holds her hand, she looks at their hands and them at him who is already looking at her smiling. He starts to walk near the kitchen. He stops and faces to Avni who looks at him and frown but then she feels him lifting her making her sit on the kitchen slab.

Neil: You sit here. I'll make sandwiches.

Neil goes to wash his hands near the basin and here Avni was a as red as a tomato. Neil then makes sandwiches while talking to Avni. They were laughing, cracking jokes, pulling each other's legs etc. Then they ate sandwiches or rather feed eachother. Avni was as happy as she was never in her life. Then they came back to their room. Neil was working on the laptop.

Avni: Neil, what will you have for dinner?

Neil: Anything you make wifey.

Avni: Okay then, I am in the kitchen.

She goes and while working smiles remembering their moments. I'm the showroom when Neil was whining like a kid showing tantrums to her. Then while he was making sandwiches. Avni was lost in her thoughts cutting the vegetables remembering their moments and was just smiling as wide as she could.

.........................................................................

I hope you liked this chapter.

Do comment and vote.

Enjoy reading.

Love Love 😊