Chapter 6

It was a normal morning for Avni working at home making breakfast in the kitchen but not normal for Neil. Why? Because of Shreya obviously. Shreya's words ghosting in his brain and he tries to get that thoughts out of his brain but was not able to. Avni brought the breakfast and kept it on the table. Neil looked at her hearing the voice of plates and saw Avni who sat in front of him and was eating silently. He thought to talk to her.

Neil: Ummm (gulping)Av..Avni

Avni looked at him.

Neil: You must be getting bored at home alone right?

Avni looked surprised at him.

Avni(in mind): Why is he asking this question to me today? What should I answer?

Neil: Avni.

Avni snapped out of his thoughts.

Avni: Not really.

Neil: How come? You must be getting bored. Do one thing call Mumma and papa here or you can go to their place.

Avni: They are out of town.

Neil: Ohh you didn't tell me?

Avni: I told you 2 days back.

Neil looked at her and remembered that he never talked to her or never listened to her.

Neil: So..

Avni: Why are you bothering yourself with these thoughts? It is not the first time I got habitual to this for a year now.

Avni picked up their plates and went in the kitchen.

Neil(in Neil): Ughh Neil you can't even speak to her. Why are you hesitating? She is your wife. Should I ask her to accompany me to my office. Okay yess I have to. Come on Neil you can say it. But why?? What am I even doing? I am unable to understand anything.

He sighs and goes in the kitchen and saw her near the basin washing dishes. He stood behind her at a good distance.
She was so busy in her work that she didn't notice his presence. She turned around and collided into Neil's chest and was about to fall but Neil hold her from her waist and Avni closed her eyes tightly but when she felt no pain and someone holding her, she opened her eyes and met Neil's eyes. Neil was totally lost in her and her eyes. Avni's hairs came on her face disturbing his view so he blown air from his mouth on her face removing her hairs aside. Avni closed eyes and then again open it after sometime. There was an eye lock of AvNeil for sometime and then later Avni broke it which brought Neil also out of her and she stood up straight. Neil looking down scratching behind his neck feeling awkward and embarrassed of his actions. Avni wipes her upper lips and said.

Avni: You want something?

Neil: Wat..water..

Avni: Okayy.

Avni was about to take the glass when Neil said.

Neil: I will take it no problem.

Avni looked at him and went out. Neil saw Avni going out and looked at her smiling and blushing. Neil sighs and controls his blush and goes outside to see Avni sitting on the sofa scrolling through her phone.

Neil: Avni.

She looked at him.

Avni: You have some work Neil.

Neil looks at her and she says.

Avni: I am seeing you since a long time from morning you are trying to say something. What is it? Are you calling your friends here and feeling awkward because of me. Then tell it clearly I would go to my parents place for few days.