Chapter 1

The sun is shining brightly over the Khanna Mansion in Mumbai where Avni and Neil live alone. The rays of the sun entered the room of a couple who were sleeping peacefully. But the scenario was a bit different. They were not like a normal couple sleeping in each other's arms cuddling each other but rather were having a bridge of pillow between them. The rays of the sun disturbed the lady's sleep who got up and looked at him and then the border of pillow between them. She has become habitual to this thing now for almost a year. Sighing she got up and went to get freshen up and after sometime went downstairs. She got busy in her normal household chores. After about an hour later she heard her husband talking on the phone while coming down.

Man: Yes sir, I would mail it to you till afternoon. Yes sir sure thank you.

He sat on the dining table and the lady brought breakfast for themselves.

Lady: Neil breakfast.

Neil: Yes Avni keep it.

She sat and was quietly having breakfast. She wanted to ask something to Neil but was fumbling in her word. After sometime she gained courage and asked.

Avni: Neil can we go on shopping today ?

Neil: Why? Is there any special event else you prefer online shopping.

Avni gets sad.

Avni(in mind): I got it Neil You don't remember.

She sighed.

Avni: No I was just thinking to go out so...

Neil(busy in his phone typing something): So what Avni? Mumbai is not new for you. You can go alone else take Neela mom with you.

Avni: Yeah good idea.

She sighed sadly. Neil was eating silently so she asked as only she is the one who is taking efforts in their relationship.

Avni: Neil is there something day after tomorrow?

Neil: Day after tomorrow? (He thought for sometime and said) Ohh yes the day after tomorrow some important clients from Goa are coming. Thank you Avni for reminding me.

Avni: Ohh welcome.

Avni sighed sadly and then Neil said.

Neil: I am going to the office.

He went without even looking at her or wishing her a good day or not even a simple bye. Avni sighed sadly but eventually got habitual to all these things. She picked up the plates and washed it. After sometime she got a call from Shweta. She picked it up happily.

On call:

Avni: Good morning mom

Shweta: Good morning child. How are you both?

Avni: Yes I am fine and Neil went to the office just now. What about you?

Shweta: Yes we are also fine missing you both.

Avni: No worries mom. I will ask Neil and we would come there very soon.

Shweta: Yeah, anyways I was asking what are the preparations for your first wedding anniversary? Any party or something? Actually that day, Prakash's friend's son's wedding is there so we would not be able to come there.

Avni(in slow voice): As if party is going to happen.

Shweta: What did you said child?

Avni: Nothing I was just saying that there is nothing such party fixed yet.

Shweta: Maybe he is going to give a surprise to you.

Avni looked down and said.

Avni: Yes maybe. Okay mom I will call you later. I have some work. I'm sorry.

Shweta: No problem child we would talk later. Bye Take Care.

Avni: You too maa.

Call ends.

Avni: How should I tell mom that her son doesn't even remember our First Wedding Anniversary.

She got busy in her daily work.

.........................................................................

Enjoy reading

Love Love 😊