Chapter Eighty-Four: A Little White Lie

Sophia blinked surprised as she padded into the kitchen to find Paul making breakfast, she had gotten back home late from the wedding and Paul had been asleep after his long patrol shift.

Sophia hadn't had the heart to wake him up, she wasn't sure yet if she was going to tell him about what had happened with Irina; she didn't want to cause any more trouble when everything was starting to quieten down.

"Good morning," Paul greeted moving to kiss Sophia, he was in a good mood this morning and he was glad that in a few weeks they would never have to deal with the Cullens again.

The pack had been told by Carlisle that once Bella had been changed and she'd had her funeral that they would be moving away; they didn't want any more trouble and it was for the best if Bella was going to be joining their family.

"How was the wedding?" Paul asked looking at Sophia, he was glad that she didn't stink of the leeches and that she had showered as soon as she had gotten home.

Paul doubted that he would have been able to sleep if she hadn't done so, the last thing that he wanted was the house stinking of vampire; he wanted to forget about everything that had happened in the last few months and just focus on everything else now.

"It was fine," Sophia replied simply, she moved to sit down at the small breakfast table and watched Paul; she eyed him for a moment before she decided that telling Paul about Irina would be a bad idea.

Sophia doubted that they would be seeing Irina again anyway and she wanted nothing more than to forget about what had happened; Irina was grieving and she would hopeful move on with her life one day.

"Just fine?" Paul questioned raising an eyebrow at Sophia while he moved to finish up with breakfast, Mia was still with Jason and she would be dropped off later that day after spending more time with her father.

"It was a wedding with vampires," Sophia stated with a shrug of her shoulders hoping that Paul would drop it, she knew there was no way that he would find out since Seth hadn't noticed what had happened.

Sophia just hoped that it stayed that way, she had no idea what Paul would do if he found out about what had happened with her and Irina; he would likely want to start a war with the Denali clan of nothing.

Paul eyed Sophia not completely believing her for a moment, he could see that something was bothering her and she had been mumbling in her sleep but he couldn't make out what she had been saying.

"Okay," Paul murmured moving to plate up breakfast, he wasn't going to push it and he hoped that it was nothing; he peeked at the clock before moving to hand Sophia her breakfast.

Paul couldn't wait until the Cullens left, it meant that there would be less wolves to possibly phase and he knew that the pack was the biggest that it had been in years because the Cullens had lived in Forks for nearly five years now.

"Thank you," Sophia mumbled when Paul set the plate in front of her with a smile, her stomach grumbled making Paul smirk before he got his own plate and sat down at the table with her; they quiet started to eat, thinking about the wedding and what would happen now.

Paul watched Sophia while they ate in silence, he would speak with Seth later on to see if he was missing something; he had asked the younger pack member to keep an eye on Sophia since he didn't want anything to happen to her.

Paul couldn't shake the feeling that he was missing something and he didn't want anything bad happening to Sophia or Mia when he could stop it.

***

Sophia grinned lifting Mia into her arms and kissing her daughter's cheek, she held her close knowing that she had missed her little girl while she had been away; Mia giggled at the action making Sophia sigh in relief.

Paul watched Sophia with Mia while he talked with Jason, the two men had found an uneasy truce between them for their sake and he knew that it wasn't easy especially with Mia in the picture.

Jason was always going to be Mia's father and Paul wouldn't change that, he didn't want them to clash when the little girl was older over anything.

"She was okay?" Sophia asked balancing Mia on her hip, she walked over to the two men in her life; she had a feeling that she would never get used to the fact that everything had worked out well for them.

Jason had moved on with his life and was now dating Leah, he had gotten himself a job that he loved and he was a father to their daughter even if they weren't together anymore; they had found a place where they could both be happy.

"She was perfect," Jason replied smiling at Sophia, he had loved having Mia with him and it was nice that Sophia trusted him enough to have their seven month old; she would be walking and talking anytime now and he was looking forward to that moment.

Sophia took a deep breath and nodded her head, she looked at Mia and pressed a kiss to her daughter's head; she had no idea what she would have done without Jason right now.

Mia still needed her father and they were working on making sure that she got to spend time with both of her parents; they knew things would be strange but they didn't want that to affect Mia when she was older.

Mia was loved by everyone in her life, she was special and she had two sets of parents that loved her; Jason and Leah were doing so well with their relationship while Sophia and Paul were working on their own.

Paul watched Sophia with Mia, he knew how odd this would all be when Mia was older but he was sure that it would work out; everyone had moved on and that was okay.

"I'll guess I'll see you both on Wednesday," Jason mused smiling, the arrangement that they had wasn't the easiest but they were still working on it; Jason saw Mia a couple of times a week when he wasn't working and had her half the weekend.

Sophia nodded her head, she smiled at Jason glad that they weren't fighting over Mia and that he had Leah in his life like she had Paul; it made things easier and they all wanted what was best for the little girl.

Paul moved to walk Jason out, he peeked back at Sophia for a moment while she fussed over Mia; he smiled knowing how much that all of this meant to her and he hoped things stayed this way.

Sophia whispered softly to Mia, she held her daughter close while she walked to sit down on the couch; she wanted nothing more than to forget what had happened at Bella's wedding and put it behind her.

Mia clapped her hands as she smiled up at her mother, she had missed her while she had been staying with her father and Leah; she was happy to be back in her arms.

"Mama missed you," Sophia whispered sitting down, she put Mia on her lap and peeked towards the door knowing that Paul would be back soon; she wondered how long it would take him to throw off the scent of what had happened.

Sophia was determined to think about it, she wasn't going to start more problems for the pack when they were finally entering a peaceful stage after they had all phased.

"So what do we want to do today?" Paul asked walking back into the living room and smiling at Sophia and Mia, he was looking forward to spending time with his girls.