Chapter Forty-Seven: Heading to Seattle

Carefully dressing Mia for the day, Sophia took a shaky breath as she tried to calm her nerves, she knew that she was going against Paul's wishes but she really wanted to meet her grandmother before it was too late.

Sophia wasn't sure if she had any other grandparents and she really didn't want to have to wait until Victoria had been dealt with before she did anything.

"Are you ready to go?" Leah asked leaning against the door to the bedroom and watched Sophia prepare to leave, she eyed the white spot dress and black tights set that Mia was wearing.

The she-wolf knew that Sophia had no idea what was really going to happen today and she hoped that the blonde wouldn't be to upset with the turn in events that were about to happen.

"I am," said a voice making Sophia still as she turned to spot Paul standing behind Leah with a grim smile on his face.

Sophia opened and closed her mouth in surprise as Leah snorted in amusement before she left the couple alone knowing that Paul needed to speak with his imprint without her around.

"You look beautiful," Paul said staring at Sophia who was dressed in a midi dress with grey T-shirt and cream spot mesh skirt paired with silver heeled sandals.

Paul had known the moment that he had heard what Sophia had planned that he couldn't just allow her to go with Leah; he might not like it but he felt a lot better going with her.

"How did you find out?" Sophia asked warily, she was really expecting a fight over what she was about to do and she wasn't sure if she was ready to have this fight right now with him.

Paul chuckled shaking his head and walked towards his girlfriend, he decided to keep how he had discovered what she was up to a secret since it would come in handy in the future.

***

Mia squealed in excitement as she was settled into her car seat, her fawn satchel jumbo dot changing bag was settled next to her in Paul's truck as Leah climbed into the car next to her.

Sam had ordered Leah to protect Mia with her life, they really didn't want to take any big risks especially since Sophia was determined to make this trip even if it was dangerous.

Watching Sophia and Emily hug, Paul smiled standing beside Sam and watched their imprints; he was glad that Sam was helping them out with this and he hoped that he wasn't causing his friend too much trouble.

"So did you tell her that she talks in her sleep?" Sam asked quietly knowing that Paul had been surprised to learn that his girlfriend talked in her sleep.

It had been the reason Paul had discovered what she was planning, it might not have been every night that Paul had stayed over but it was enough to ease the wolf's tension when she wasn't speaking to him.

Paul chuckled and shook his head, he shared a knowing look with Sam as Emily told Sophia that she'd keep some dinner ready for her and Mia when they got back.

"I figured it might come in handy in the future," Paul commented moving away from Sam and towards his truck as Sophia climbed inside.

Sam nodded laughing softly, he could understand why Paul would want to keep his girlfriend's late night worried ramblings to himself; it would mean that Paul would be able to prevent Sophia from doing a lot of stupid things in the future.

Emily moved to stand next to Sam and wrapped her arms around his waist watching the truck leave, she wasn't sure what Sophia hoped to find when she met her grandmother for the first time but she hoped that it would go well for the blonde.

***

Sophia bounced her knee nervously as they drove through the streets of Seattle towards the address that the blonde had been given by her grandmother's secretary.

Leah looked out of the window curiously as Paul drove silently down the road, his hand moving to rest on his girlfriend's knee in an attempt to calm her nerves.

"Relax," Paul murmured offering Sophia a small smile, she was nervous and he didn't blame her; she really didn't know what Lorelei wanted apart from the fact that she wished to see her and Mia.

Sophia nodded her head trying to ease her nerves, she really didn't know what to expect when she meet Lorelei and she had so many questions about why she had never met her father's mother or father before.

"What if she doesn't like me?" Sophia whispered feeling a little insecure, there were butterflies in her stomach and she wondered if maybe it was too late to cancel.

Leah snorted looking at Sophia, she wouldn't admit it that she liked Sophia a lot more than the other imprints; she didn't know Fiona but Emily and Kim constantly bowed down to whatever their wolves wanted.

"Of course she'll like you," Paul said trying to reassure his imprint, he knew that she had come all this way for a reason and he wasn't going to allow her to turn back now.

Sophia deserved to know what Lorelei wanted and to find out a little more about her family, she had been so cut off from her family by living in New York and now she had a chance to meet someone who could be there for her.

"Or there is a chance that she'll hate your guts and turn you away," Leah stated smiling sweetly at Sophia from her seat in the back of the car with Mia who was looking out of the windows as they drove through the city.

"What I'm just being honest," Leah murmured spotting the look that Paul was shooting at her, she knew that Sophia didn't need someone sugar coating this for her when there was a chance that Lorelei could just be using her.

Sophia nodded her head smiling back at Leah, she was glad that the she-wolf had come along since she needed someone to be realistic with her right now.

Paul would tell her whatever she wanted to hear and even though he had been against her coming, he had still come with her when it was clear she wasn't going to change her mind.

"1920 4th Ave, Seattle WA 98101," Paul muttered pulling to the side and nodded at the building that they had been sent to, he was a little warily at how expensive and upscale it was and he wasn't sure what to expect for Sophia's sake.

Sophia looked up at the building and took a shaky breath, it reminded her so much of the apartment that her parents had back in New York; she was used to living in buildings like this.

"Isn't this where that Billionaire lives?" Leah asked staring up at the Escala building, she couldn't remember his name but he lived here with his current girlfriend.

Paul and Sophia turned to look at Leah wondering how she knew that, the she-wolf shrugged her shoulders as she looked away from the couple; no one really knew her as it was but she did feel like a third wheel right now.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Paul asked softly looking away from Leah, he really didn't want to stay with the bitter harpy; he would much rather be with his girls in case something happened.

Sophia shook her head looking back at Mia, she knew that she needed to do this alone; she needed to stand on her feet this time; she was sure that if anything did happen then he would be the first person she called.